Menu
lmuir
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Roadworks going on forever

Hi. There is currently roadworks being done in my street for virgin media, which I appreciate need to be done however I'd like to know why it's taken over four weeks to be completed? The workmen appear to show up only at the weekends to complete the work and only stay for a few hours. My problem is that I work a lot of weekend night shifts and it seems to be that every time I'm working they decide to show up and work on the road again. Why isn't the road being worked on everyday in order to have it finished quicker? I appreciate it's a big street but I do feel virgin media should of let neighbours know what work was being carried out, when and how long for and I would have made other arrangements to sleep at a friend or relatives house on the days the work clashed. I put up with the noise at first but it's dragging on to the point they are here every weekend. The noise is terrible and anyone who has ever done a nightshift can sympathise with my frustration and annoyance at not being able to sleep during the day but having to work all night again. How much longer can I expect to not sleep for? And why aren't neighbours told about the works out of curtesy more than anything else?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roadworks going on forever

Hi Imuir,

I am sorry about this and appreciate how disruptive this type of work can be, especially when it's so near your home.

For any works that need to take place on Council owned property (roads, paths etc) permissions have to be obtained and these may be come with a proviso. I would imagine that authorisation for weekday work may have not been granted because of the impact on traffic flow.
You can find out for certain by contacting your Local Authority.

Hope the work completes soon for you, keep us updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos