Menu
Helpless
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous new build installation wait- please help

Bought a new build property and completed on 29th April, tried setting up service but was told property not released.

It is 21/06/16 and I am still waiting after 8 weeks.

Sales guy for my area doesn't want to know and doesn't give me any answers- and importantly doesn't ask for them. Contacted New builds team and national home builders team multiple times but noone can help.

Initially told my developer Persimmon had to do ducting- fine, but that was done at the start of May, since then its all been Virgin. Keep getting told "next week" by sales guy, and blaming it on contractors or persimmon, been given stuff about compassionate leave and how the cabling was being finished, then told it need to be checked over by engineer, then told the cabling needed to be done again- I just want service!!

After many calls around the houses with Virgin (to my expense on my mobile) I eventually get a call from a delivery and compliance engineer who says he will chase it up and get it done- I get told it has been passed off to be released, and It should be available for a visit on Monday.

I get no call on Monday and chase it up with the new builds team, they say theres no record of it being asked to be released!! So upset!! I have to investigate further, and the sale guy tells me its something to do with telephone cabling, yet the delivery and compliance engineer knows nothing about this?? He says its more likely that the release forms differ from the info in the back office- but ive had no calls, and cant get hold of anyone.

I eventually get someone from the new builds team to take pity and help (after they all refer me to the national home builders team- it doesnt even ring, its straight to answerphone and noone rings back)....

They say it has to be looked into which is a few more days, I try calling the sales guy and am now getting blanked by him as he doesnt want to do anything other than collect easy commission. I cant get hold of the delivery and compliance engineer anymore and noone can help!!!! 

I'm so stuck, noone wants to help, all I want is service. Ive been told its all wired, and all done- literally someone just needs to put the address on the system available to be sold too- its stuck in clerical limbo and I need someone to help. Im without internet or phone and have been for 9 weeks. I's desperate for help and i'm fed up of chasing it constantly.

Utterly absurd. I've never had to work so hard to give someone money. Virgin is already on the street in the houses in front of me, the site is pre wired with Virgin, I dont understand. The sale guy is utterly useless, and I'm really at my wits end. If it wasnt for BT not offering Infinity here yet, I would have already gone with them- but im tempted right now just to go with their terrible 1MB option just because i've seemingly no other option.

Helpless
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridiculous new build installation wait- ongoing!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place- i've set up this account just in the hope that a member of Virgin staff can see this and assist like I see they have with other peoples queries- I really am at a point where I dont know what to do with this- its so frustrating I cant describe it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

staff take a few days to get to threads so hang on for that - if VM is there do you have an internal box and telephone point - if so might be worth just ordering a quick start pack if you have not tried that route - sometimes doing the wrong thing gets the right result

Tony
0 Kudos
Helpless
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

double post

0 Kudos
Helpless
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sadly. I cant. My property isnt on the system as available to be sold too, and its awaiting release/under construction on their system- even though i've been assured all the wiring and cabling is done, the exchange box has been commissioned and the release forms have been sent off. Because its not on the system to be sold too, I cant do anything.

The property is pre-wired with Virgin, but no box or cabling internally yet- just on the outside wall coming in. I need an appointment to do the rest- which they cant give me because its not set up. I keep getting told people are going to ask the liason officer for the area, but hes on leave and noone else will help. Whats so frustrating is that its all already been done- it's all clerical.

The wiring is all done, it literally just needs an appointment- which they wont do until its set up and no longer "under construction" on their system- but noone will update it...clerical limbo. It's just ridiculous at this point. Im having to call constantly from my mobile, im not getting that money back, im not getting any compensatory deals or money off- heck they wont even give me my 10 year loyalty discount back because I moved to a property for a year where Virgin wasnt even available- I'm not getting anything for the wait or lack of customer service, even though I could change to a different supplier- i'm just astounded, dumbfounded- and frankly, at my wits end with it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helpless

I appreciate that you have recounted in such detail the situation with the property you have needing to be updated on our systems. I am sorry this has been so frustrating for you.

I'd like to look into this for you to see if we can help facilitate this getting resolved for you in any way we can.

For me to do so, I'm sending a pm to you to get some further details from you so we can look into this with the new build teams for you.

You can find this up by your forum name in the

I hope to hear back from you soon Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

help_pls
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same as Helpless. 

I moved into the property in December, all the cabling and wiring by Virgin media completed. However my address was not on their website to enable to order broadband. And it still is not recognised on their website. 

After weeks of phone calls, being passed from one team to the next, no-one seemingly able to explain what is going on (or very keen to help) -  I think i've worked out that all that needs to happen is the regional (or national) new build officer (neither one wants to take responsibility for this!) need to release my address so it can be seen on the system and I can order broadband to be set up. Now all my neighbours have now had virgin (or other providers) installed so this is an administrative oversight / mess up for my address it seems. 

Even virgins regional sales team who have been great and in contact with me, are so frustrated with the ineptness of the new build officer that they have recommended I go with another provider. It is a total mess.

Up until this point I have always felt strong brand loyalty to virgin, my mobile contract, TV, flights, trains other services etc. But this experience has been absolutely appalling. I have never written a complaint in my life - but am struggling without internet and a bit fed up of virgin staff being rude to me on the phone. 

Please can anyone on here get the new build officer to release my address as completed please (any maybe an apology too!!) Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi help_pls

Many thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums about the New Build address issues you have been having and a warm welcome to the community

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this and my apologies that it has been stopping you from getting services with us.

In order for us to look it with those teams for you, we will need to take the address details from you, and for me to do this I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you could get back in touch with us on this, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dean_eff
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I also have the very same problem - I moved into a new development a month ago now. The property is pre-wired with Virgin, but no box or cabling internally yet- just on the outside wall coming in. I need an appointment to do the rest- which they cant give me because its not set up and the address is not recognised on the website yet.

All that's needed is the address to be released. Please can anyone on here get the new build officer to release my address as completed?

I wish to stay loyal to Virgin but must say I'm sorely tempted to use another provider unless this can be resolved promptly.

Do you want my business Virgin???

0 Kudos
hrpr
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've had the exact same issue as the two people above. Same builder, Persimmon. Street is cabled, building now cabled and compelted Friday.

Just got off the phone and was asked to call the national homebuilders team - these guys do not pick up the phone. 

All that's needed is the address to be released. Please can anyone on here get the new build officer to release my address as completed?

Thanks,

Ryan Harper