Menu
Slitheric
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous Lead time.

I cancelled my sky broadband to enroll with virgin due to the website promising a 2 week lead time. I booked the date cancelled sky and thought I had plenty of time and would have no gap in internet. Low and behold Virgin changed the time to January... I then ring again and find out it's the end of January. This totals to 2 months of lead time which as a company of virgins size is insane. Every other broadband provider has an average of 2-3 weeks.... My questions are; how can this be ok ? Can this not be resolved ? I raised a complaint and it has gone nowhere also I have had no contact post calls, is there a call coming ???
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridiculous Lead time.

Not a great start to be sure.

The main issue is that VM use their own infrastructure, so if theyve found an issue that needs additional works ahead of your install, it may get put off again. Every other provider uses  BT's infrastructure and its really just a change in billing.

No much help I know, but unfortunately that's the way it is. Can your previous provider re-connect you for a bit till VM get you sorted?

0 Kudos
Slitheric
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not unless I shell out for another contract and set up fees so I'm just stuck now...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Slitheric

Thanks for getting in touch about the long lead time for install.

I am sorry that this has impacted you in any way and really do apologise that this has inconvenienced you Smiley Sad

I appreciate the time that this is due to be installed is coming up in a few weeks and I can see that there are earlier appointments showing on our system but only for the preceding 2 days. This is subject to change.

For me to see if this is something you would like to alter with us if you could please get back to me on the pm that I’m sending to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos