Menu
lilythepink
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Returning Virgin Customer so why do I need an engineer

I came back to Virgin after switching to BT last September.  I got a deal from Virgin, and as I had all the connections still here, and can install it myself, everything was set for this week 2/2/17. Got a text this morning confirming delivery, but just got an email and mobile message to say that they had checked my address and I would need an engineer to come out on 16/2/17.

I am really angry, as I have signed off from BT on 2/2/17, and Virgin have suddenly decided that I need an engineer out. No telephone, tv or broadband for at least another fortnight.

This is just not on, as I will need broadband for business purposes, and why did Virgin only a day before the equipment was to arrive, decide that I need an engineer..

Has this happened to anyone else?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Returning Virgin Customer so why do I need an engineer

Entirely possible that the cable to your home was disconnected from the street cabinet when you left and will need reconnecting by an engineer before you can receive the service again.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Entirely possible that the cable to your home was disconnected from the street cabinet when you left and will need reconnecting by an engineer before you can receive the service again.

Electron
lilythepink
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could they not have thought of this a few weeks ago, when I ordered.  16/2/17 is 2 weeks away...  

Dave_cq wrote:

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sadly Sales and Installations within VM are living on different planets.  This is a communications company that fails every logical test of the meaning of 'Communication'.

Too late now but the general advice when transferring to VM from another ISP is do not cancel the existing ISP until VM have completed their installation.

Electron
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

like he said, also trying to get by on the cheap by using a residential package for running a  business...

"This is just not on, as I will need broadband for business purposes"

....is not a good idea. IF you want business quality service, get a business package.

0 Kudos
JinjaBeardy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OP, I feel your pain. I have had my existing broadband ceased at Virgin's request (see my separate post about it) but Virgin have now pushed my appointment back so I am now without broadband for 8 days. The advice someone gave about not ceasing existing until Virgin completes is spot on, really but these are problems caused by Virgin in the end and we shouldn't have to go through these if they do their bit right.

And to the person being critical about running a business on residential broadband, not every business can afford business class services - especially small businesses operating part time from home. Also, what about people who regularly work from home as part of their normal job working arrangements? Very irritating. I'm lucky, I have some spare data allowance on my phone I can use but whether it will stretch to whole outage window I don't know.

0 Kudos