Menu
lazycatsam
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Response times for emgineers to properties

Hi, does anyone know what the max lead time to wait for a Virgin Media Engineer is?  Both my broadband and TV service has failed at exactly the same time and despite explaining this to the service desk we went through the usual reboot your device activity even though the chances of two unconnected devices failing at exactly the same time is remote (like Antarctica is remote).  So eventually they concluded that an engineer would have to come out and assess the problem - in 8 days time!!  Is this acceptable customer service?  I don't think so!  I depend on my broadband for work and overnight call-out and even with catch-up I'm going to miss several episodes of TV too.  Has anyone experienced this?  Is this normal?  It's making me evaluate who I want as my TV and broadband providers.

0 Kudos
lazycatsam
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Response times for emgineers to properties

And before anyone says it, yes, I can't spell engineers :-(

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can check here, link: https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/view-appointments twice a day, maybe even three times to see if a earlier slot becomes available in which case you can switch to that slot.

My brother who has Sky waited 34 days for a engineer to turn up to re-plug in his house's Internet cable back in at the green cab. As earlier another engineer had unplugged it while installing Sky broadband for someone else and had walked away leaving my brother's home disconnected.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I understand your original post, you were asked to reboot your devices but you don't say whether you have rebooted the Virgin Media Superhub.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
lazycatsam
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I rebooted both Tivo box and hub as my first course of action before I called the team.  I have to add that during my call to the service desk I asked to speak to the supervisor but they were too busy so I was promised a call-back in 15 mins plus I was promised the broadband team would also call me (as the operator I was speaking to could only look at TV and not broadband).  I did not get either call, which was very disappointing.  Subsequently I called back later that day and was routed to an automatic voicemail telling me that they were sorry I was experiencing TV and Broadband issues in my postcode area and that an engineer had been despatched and it would be fixed by 19:30 that evening AND it was.  I can only assume that I was not the only customer experiencing issues in the area which increased the priority of a fix.  So poor initial customer experience (as in expectations set), poor updates to customer (come on guys you are a Media company use postcodes for affected areas to identify customers and use an auto-mailer to keep us updated on status) BUT in the end the actual fix time was very satisfactory.

0 Kudos
lazycatsam
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shelke, thanks, I have saved that link for future reference, cheers.

0 Kudos