Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (72 Views)

Replacement Hub

[ Edited ]

Hello,

What is the most pain free way of getting a replacement hub?

We've been on the phone endlessly without any luck at all - we've been cut off three times while on hold, cutoff when talking to the support team, promised a call back which didn't happen.

We finally arranged a visit for last week (Monday am), took day off work - engineer was a no show. Phone support then claimed we had actually made an appointment for Thursday - and we got cut off again.

We still had no call from engineer last week, no card, no follow up. I'm just fed up of chasing.

A Virgin engineer was installing something down the road and stuck his head in to confirm it was the WAN side of the router which is broken, but he could'nt order the replacement.

Any help would be appreciated. We've got other issues we are contending with at the moment and this is consuming way too much of our time. 

Thanks,

Jamie.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5 (64 Views)

Re: Replacement Hub

Hi Jamie.

I was after a Hub 3 also due to the recently password security issues with the Hub 2. I first tried to call, but twice I had to wait 20 minutes to get connected, for just being cut off again. I the did a on line chat in the upgrade section. I first asked how I could get a hub 3, but they were not happy to give it just like that. They offered me an upgrade from 200 Mbps. to 300 Mbps for an extra £1.03 pr month and a one off payment of £20. Tried to haggle the £20, but with no luck. Getting my new hub tomorrow and I'm upgraded to 300 Mbps.

Best regards

Viking122

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (30 Views)

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced uk338,

I've located your details and I'm unable to detect any fault either via the equipment levels or network segment at the moment.

How have things been for you since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5 (24 Views)

which department do you have to call i'm still using the original superhub

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)

Thank you for following up.

My login details are probably associated with another property / Virgin account - so this may be why you were not able to see the issue.

In the end we got through on the helpline again and they sent an engineer out - who replaced some equipment and fixed the issue. It's been a bit painful, as the internet was out for around 3 weeks in total.
0 Kudos