Menu
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Relocation my hub3 upstairs!

I had my hub 3 installed in the living room in January and I should of got it installed in my bedroom instead. How would I go about relocating the hub 3 upstairs and would it cost me another 14.99 to have the engineers come round and install it. Is there another way where I can do it myself by extending the wire upstairs?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 24 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Relocation my hub3 upstairs!

sorry the last 1 or 2 digits of the reserved ip eg .1 .10 etc 

0 Kudos
Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 28 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

yes its meant to be open make sure you have reserved your ps4s ip and have that in dmz also. 

lets retry the easy way,  make sure your ps4 is connected to your hub. head back to your routers interface http://192.168.0.1/. 

go to DHCP you will see all currently connected devices click on your ps4 add reserve. apply note down the last digits of the ip head back to security then DMZ click enable impute the last digits of the ip for example  .1  .10  click apply. restart you ps4 head to its network setting just to make sure its using the ip you reserved for and setup with dmz zone  

0 Kudos

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Actually I have heard it is £99.00 to get Virgin to come out and do that as it's not a fault. I don't think you are allowed to touch Virgin cables yourself, although someone may come and tell you different if I am wrong on that point.
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

touching virgin media cables is your own risk if its not done right you will have problems with power levels and its not recommanded if you want cheaper way get powerline that is £50 and it will not effect your power levels and it is wired up via house wires to your pc.

extending the wire upstairs your self is not recommanded it is paying vm £99 or get a powerline is £50

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
EightBall
Up to speed
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Using a a wifi enabled power line adapter would certainly be my preferred option.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/WiFi-Boosters/TL-WPA4220KIT-V1-20-Powerline-Extender-Configuration-Smartp...

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have the same package as you but only difference is your download speed is way faster than mine. My best speeds with a wired connection directly to the modem is around 150 and my uploads usually around 21mb with 12ms. I'm using a tplink hardline wifi adapters to get a good connection upstairs but that seems dodgy cus I keep losing connection or speed levels spikes down even though I'm using a an Ethernet cable. So basically I need the white cable attached to my router to be long enough to reach the required room??
0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I've been using a power line for past 2 years but since I upgraded to virgin gamer 200 last week I've been experiencing major connection problems like loss of connection or huge spikes in mainly upload speeds. I'm trying to figure out if it's a dodgy power line or dodgy hub3 router that I have??
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Tizzmanizz wrote:
 I'm trying to figure out if it's a dodgy power line or dodgy hub3 router that I have??

Test your hub 3 by a single bit a Ethernet cable CAT6 and shielded if possible.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

it cost alot more to get someone out to move your router or make your own Ethernet cable (CAT6) you can go up to 100 meters with a single cable and cost around near the same as a powerline with the stuff you need

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I didn't understand that test but all it did was crash my browser. I was looking into getting a cat6 Ethernet cable cus I'm currently using 2 cat5s. So what your recommending is getting a cat6 shielded cable that is 100m? Where do I find out what firmware my hub3 is currently using and if it's needs an update?
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Tizzmanizz wrote:
Sorry I didn't understand that test but all it did was crash my browser.

Thats a sig at the bottom

Tizzmanizz wrote:
So what your recommending is getting a cat6 shielded cable that is 100m?

inside or out?

0 Kudos