Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (86 Views)

Regular Broadband Disconnection with SuperHUB 2 and 3 is well

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I am having connection issues and cant do anything about it :-( I have read the flapping  disconnection post -and the a few more posts on the forum, but haven't seen anything as rhapsodic as this baby so I gotta ask for help before I grab a hammer :-)

My connection randomly drops several times during the day:

1, most of the time reconnect by itself after 5-10 minutes

2, sometimes I have to restart the hub

3, or even hard reset the units (both HUB 2`s and/ now the HUB 3)

4, Windows 10 /64bit able to solve connection issues in 1 out of 10 times

6, virgin troubleshooting able to solve the issue in 2 out of 10 times

5, Virgin Customer service sometimes able to see a problem, sometimes not,random just like my connection.

I have moved in February 2016,  so we received a new line (20meters), new HUB and an actuator

in March 2016 my 2nd HUB 2 has been replaced because of failure (the new engineer pointed out that I dont need the actuator and removed it)

by April 2016 the 2nd HUB 2.0 has been well cooked (it was boiling hot) and got another HUB 2 as a replacement (engineer installed the actuator-  was furious for not having one)

attention: a year later ---- **bleep**

April 2017 random disconnection issues so I have received a New HUB 2.0 (engineer installed a smaller actuator)

May 2017 random disconnection continues so on the 5th May 2017 I have received a HUB 3 (engineer installs a different actuator )

Disconnections issues continues with no change:

Today I came home from work, Had no connection, windows, virgin or restart did not solve the problem so I had to reset the unit with me nail clipper. After reset, I had several disconnections and I had none in the past 74 minutes.

I am using the same GAMING rig and the same Samsung S5 phone connected since 2015 and both devices are losing connection.

The cherry on the top is that I have a 50mb package, but somehow my broadband speed has dramatically reduced is well.

I am struggling to buffer YouTube videos on both devices :-(

If you have any advice please don't hesitate to share

Have good one, cheers

ps: we have virgin since 2009 and it was always good but this is more than annoying :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6 (56 Views)

Re: Regular Broadband Disconnection with SuperHUB 2 and 3 is well

Afternoon AttilaDaHun,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are having an issue with the broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy.

I appreciate all the checks you have completed so far but too no avail. Does the disconnections occur on both wired and wireless devices?

What speeds do you achieve through a wired connection?

Are you able to create a Broadband Quality Monitor please as this will check the performance of the connection. For this to work the firewall needs to be disabled within the router settings.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (43 Views)

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for your help, unfortunately we losing connection on all devices, however the speed problem is gone :-)

but not the irregular disconnections :-(

please find my latest snapshot of me recent disconnection,

fyi: the yellow triangle will change to a red cross and 10 minutes later comes the internet comes back back online by itself.

I bought a CAT 6 Ethernet cable at Maplins for £12 to make sure, but still  having disconnections.

Best Regards

Attila

disconnection reportdisconnection report

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 6 (34 Views)

Regular Broadband Disconnection

virgin error.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6 (23 Views)

Re: Regular Broadband Disconnection

Hello AttilaDaHun

Thanks for the updates, at the moment the hub transmit levels are too high and this tends to be associated with instability:-

53.8 dBmV        55 dBmV

Low SNR may cause it but that is okay. Looking back at the old data they were okay when Sam last checked so perhaps an intermittent issue. Think it is best we let an engineer visit please. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (13 Views)

Hello AttilaDaHun

Thanks for getting back, I have booked you an engineer appointment, please check your PM for details and if you have a passing moment let us know how it goes in this thread.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team