Menu
Dixie68
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Red light on superhub

For the last few days the blue light on the side of my super hub has been red for most of the time, occasionally going back to blue but always going back to red. I've seen posts that say it may be overheating but it seems to be working fine and is in an airy place with no obstructions.
Any ideas what could be wrong?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red light on superhub

HI Dixie68,

The red light you describe doesn't necessarily indicate overheating (you'd know by touching the Hub). But it does imply that the Hub is now working properly. I would like you to Factory Reset  your Super Hub 2 please and let me know if that cures the red-light problem.

If it doesn't I'll get a replacement sent out to you.

However, if the Hub feels hot to the touch then don't bother with the reset, just post on here and I'll send a replacement right away.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dixie68
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen thanks for the reply. I've reset the hub and while the blue light came on it immediately went back to red. I've also unplugged it from the mains to see if that made any difference but again i get the red light as soon as it's running again. It does feel quite warm to the touch but I wouldn't say it's hot, (hard to judge what's just warm and what's hot though I suppose). I think it has had it though so I would be grateful if you could arrange for a replacement.

Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dixie68, 

Thanks for responding to us! I am sorry to hear the same issues are still occurring with the red light even after trying the things that Jen had recommended.

I have sent you a replacement Hub, it should be with you with 3 - 7 working days. If you do no receive it within this period or if you require any assistance with getting it set up, post back here and we'll gladly take a look at this for you and help out in any way we can.

I hope this has helped you! Smiley Happy.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Twosocks
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This same issue has been happening on my Superhub for last 2/3 weeks with the light on the front mostly red, occasionally going back to blue. I followed the steps below and the factory reset did nothing to mitigate the problem. Unlike Dixie68 though, the superhub is quite warm although clear of dust and on own open shelf.

Is it likely to need replaced and if so can I request that online?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Twosocks,

I've located your account and there are some timeouts present via the equipment levels at the moment, therefore, the disconnections experienced are visible.

I'd like to arrange to get your equipment replaced.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jasman2002
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too have the same issue, a reset had sorted this out previously but now the virgin media light on the side of the box remains red.

Please help
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Jasman2002,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry for the problems you're having with your Superhub. I think if the light on the side is red it usually indicates the Superhub is in Modem Mode, but if you've tried to factory reset and it's not working, I will need to send you a replacement. Please get in touch with me via PM to confirm your name and delivery address.

Talk soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
BNew8008
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same problem - we have the “original” superhub and it seems to have finally given up the ghost. Factory resets have been tried, simply does not want to switch from red. Our landlord has told us that the only way we can have it replaced is if we make a complaint ourselves. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi BNew8008,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry that you're also struggling with your Hub. Drop me a PM with your name and address and I'll order you a replacement.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos