Menu
Lyden12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: losing connection

Hi there I keep losing connection the arrows keep flashing green this has been a issue for over year and had engineer out but still haven't resolve the issue

Help please Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Spindrift
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Leeds LS17, and after a year of good internet connection the last few days my router keeps disconnecting from the internet.  Same as you, I just get a flashing arrow.

Turing the router off/on doesn't seem to resolve the problem, the only solution currently is to unscrew the coaxial cable from the router take it out and then reattach it.  The router then reconnects .... but after a few hours it drops the connection again.

Very annoying.

0 Kudos
tekmobile
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could you connect to your hub on http://192.168.0.1 and post your upstream and downstream stream power levels under router status

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
0 Kudos
Spindrift
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Upstream

image.png

Downstream:

image.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Spindrift
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still getting daily (if not more) disconnections that are only resolved by removing the cable from the back of the router and reconnecting it.  Turning the router off and back on again doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

I can see from the log that I'm getting a lot of 'No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out' errors.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lyden12,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection.

I would like to check this in more detail, however I was unable to locate your account. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and address, I will look into this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos