Menu
Coopsjnr
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: INTERRUPTED CONNECTION

I have been having repeated issues with a connection that keeps being interrupted.

I've followed the instructions above and here are my details below.

It's driving me mad as I work from home and am repeatedly thrown off skype and hangouts.

Please help me Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 13.29.02.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-02 at 13.29.18.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-02 at 13.29.55.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Coopsjnr your screenshots missed off the upstream power levels, since the downstream is showing fine, the DHCP renew errors are nothing to worry about common background errors.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Coopsjnr
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Here is that data.  Any ideas? It is honestly so frustrating.  It is inconsistent in when it happens, but when it does it's on and off all the time.  Whenever I call support they just say there is no problem and there's nothing I can do.

Thanks

Lucy

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 15.22.28.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

those are showing fine, when you say 'INTERRUPTED CONNECTION' is this using wired/wireless?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Coopsjnr
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes this is using wireless.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpy of your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference.

First of all, I would ensure the Hub is placed in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GHz band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

I would also check for other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Using the wider, usually less congested 5Ghz band could help, if your client devices support it.

0 Kudos