Menu
devnull10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

RPBlock

Had a card through my door saying that there was a problem with my internal wiring - RPBLOCK is your internal code for it. As a result my internet services have been disconnected - no warning or anything - and I have to wait until Saturday for someone to come out and supposedly look at it. Nothing has changed in the wiring for over 8 months so I've no idea why suddenly you think there is a problem. I phoned tech support and the girl didn't have a clue what RPBLOCK was, why it might have been applied, how to remove it or anything else to be honest. All she'd do was book an engineer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: RPBlock

If there was for example a SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault in your area and the source of the noise going into the network was tracked down to your property, VM would cut your services off and have someone come around later to fix the cabling problem in your home. When a SNR fault affects a network segment, it takes everyone's connection offline in that particular segment, so removing the source of the noise ingress as soon as possible is the most prudent course of action.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
devnull10
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK so the engineer came out this morning and determined that the fault was caused by the installers using a three way splitter rather than a two way splitter. Excellent. So I've just had a week of no internet due to VM's inability to install something as per spec.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey devnull10,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection issues you've experienced.

Good to hear you're up and running now.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bcoles
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had my system blocked with no notice before Christmas. It was off for a week before a chap came round and said it was all good and removed the block.

thursday I cam home to the dreaded rip lock card and they have cut me off again. A quick chat with the neighbours and we concluded that there have been no issues in the area. A call to virgin and I was assured an engineer would be out on monday to replace all my equipment for new and all would be good. I then received a mail on my phone telling me the fault had been found and the service call had been cancelled. I called virgin and asked when the block would be removed as the fault had been found, the first available appointment was now Wednesday?. After a bit of negotiation they said they woul get a guy here Tuesday and then he asked me what a block was........meanwhile the neighbours with full internet are asking me if I want to share there wifi untill mine is unblocked.

i am now negotiating with Bt and sky

at no point have virgin apologised and it was only after protests they have offered £30.00 off my next bill. Not bad as I've only been with them for twent five years.

thanks virgin..

0 Kudos