Menu
lmacilroy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

RG10 Intermittent connectivity

For at least a week now I have been experiencing intermittent connectivity where my connection will drop randomly and for random periods of time. Finally today I had had enough and rang 150 (twice!) to get it sorted. First time after doing the "usual" checks...was told im just gonna change a "setting" (said the polite indian voice though I could hardly understand what she was saying!) and everything will be sorted and you shouldnt have any more problems. An hour later...I am back on the phone raging down the phone saying the issue is STILL occurring. The voice at the other end (ANOTHER polite Indian voice I might add!) said...Yep you guessed it! "Im just gonna do some checks and change a "setting" " HOLY CRAP! Are you reverting the settings the other person changed from earlier on I thought to myself. Please Santa Claus If im good this year and get on the good list, can I please have an English customer service engineer sort the problem permanently for me!

Anyway Im also told that there is maintenance work going on in the area till the 29th March...can someone confirm this for me please - RG10 Area - Oh and while your at it check that my account has been compensated as the second assistant said that they would reimburse me for the amount of connection issues I have had over the last two weeks! As I write this, my connection dropped again...and again...OH and again!!! I've stopped counting how many times its been dropping as 1 to the power of a google is not enough counts!

0 Kudos
chriscdotcodot
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: RG10 Intermittent connectivity

I'm the other side of town in RG2 and mine has been "fine" for the last few weeks. Sure I've had problems with the hub being stupid but speed and disconnections have been non existent compared to what the used to be.

I've asked a friend who lives just inside RG2 and he said that his is fine too.

0 Kudos
lmacilroy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okey dokey...yer was told that it was something to do in this area...cabling or something is being replaced at a cabinet...so very doubt your side of town would be affected by this issue...but to be told its ongoing till the 29th made the **bleep**ing blood boil in me. Didnt even get advance notification that this would be happening...usually any work that may disrupt services substantially and a letter gets sent out to notify customers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Evening Imacilroy,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

From checking your connection, there has been some time-outs reported within a short space of time and I can see you have arranged for an engineer appointment, which is great.

In regards to the fault you mentioned, this is in relation to a high peak time traffic fault. I've checked this and you are not being affected by this, so apologies for the miss-information.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lmacilroy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well just to let people know. An engineer came round yesterday to sort our connection out. What did he do? He redid the sockets on the cable ie the connector and barrel isolator to the SH 3, the connections on the box outside our house and not alot else. I still believe its an issue with my SH3, BUT he was unable to do anything as apparently at present for my postcode area there is a "Network Ticket" already open so he could not open another ticket to be able to resolve our issue. Can someone please notify me what the Network Ticket is for, what work is being carried out, and how it would affect my connection. Im still getting connects/disconnects from the network. For example tonight i have been losing connection, yet when i went into my router status page Network access was showing as "Enabled". Also, IF there is major work being carried out on the network for this area then why were we not notified about it? I do believe under ofcom regulations a supplier MUST inform any customers whose service may be interrupted, severely or otherwise, as a matter of recourse. I had NO notification sent via email/snail mail or any other means. I am also now at a point that if the issues occurring at present are NOT resolved very soon then it will leave me NO option but to place a complaint with ofcom who will carry out a full investigation and take any action necessary against virgin media. Get your act together VM. As a sidenote I have been experiencing issues for 2 weeks now, I WILL expect at least 4 weeks recompense for the issues that have affected me.

0 Kudos