Menu
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart returns confusion

In the past, when I've had to return VM hardware, they've always automatically sent a returns box (at a later date), for me to then box up the faulty part and then return it to a local collection point (mine was a Spar about a mile away).

When I spoke to the chap tonight, he said "you can just keep the box (500GB tivo) or give it to a VM technician next time they ever visit".

I thought this a bit odd, so I said "Don't you want it back?"

"We can arrange a collection from your house, but that'll be any time in the next 7 days, we have to send you a returns box first".

I then told them to forget about the returns box, as I have to work, and from memory, the returns parcel is too large to fix through a letterbox, so someone has to be in for that day, and also then be in for any other random day they may feel like collecting it.

Has the returns procedure changed? Why can't I drop it off at the local pickup point anymore?

If indeed VM don't want the old Samsung Tivo 500Gb models, I'll happy scrap it at the recycling centre, it's far less hassle than waiting for a random day for Yodel to turn up...

Thanks!

Nex

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!
0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart returns confusion

And one last thing, the reason for the Tivo swapout was because the power levels being sent by the old Tivo to Virgin were too low, could someone please check that TX/RX are now within spec post swapout (I was suffering from pixellation all last week)? I asked the guy during activations to check it, but he never did and he essentially just wanted to get me off the phone and move on to the next customer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nex, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've recently needed a box swap to resolve a faulty TiVo®. 

Our returns process is the same. If we need the equipment back then we send a returns pack and then you can drop this to a local Collect+ store. 

If we don't need this back then we encourage you to dispose of responsibly by dropping to your local recycling centre. You can find your nearest recycling point here: Recycle More

Checking your account, we don't need you to send the TiVo® back in Smiley Happy 

Your levels are all at optimal levels too and no issues are currently showing Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback Kath_F

I'll drop it off at a local recycling center.

0 Kudos