Menu
jgtimperley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart package to different address?

Hi all,

First time poster, and maybe new VM user! Soon to move to a house in WA15, and quite far from Openreach FTTC cabinet (that also has waiters list), so looking at joining VM. Existing owners have VM, and order process offers quickstart. Two questions:

1. Can I get the QuickStart package delivered to a different address (e.g. my work) than the one I'm having the service installed at?

2. It looks like Timperley (WA15) is area 20 - and fault F003349741 has been affecting peak time speeds. I've not seen anything on this recently though - has it been resolved?

Thanks in advance!

JG

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart package to different address?

Hmm well if you call by phone they can send the gear to an address of your choosing (I did this myself before I moved into my new flat so I was good to go instantly), the only red flag here is the error code, because some people can connect up and have an abysmal service and be begging to get out, I would ask the question about this at the point of ordering, I would attempt to see if the web ordering will actually let you choose another address to send the kit too, as then you have a 14 day cooling off period so if it is that terrible and you can quit before your committed.
jgtimperley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart package to different address?

Thanks. Yes, that's the plan for me too, want to be up and running ASAP and will be back and forth on moving day!

As you say, need to make use of the 14 day cooling off period - a stable 8 meg ADSL service will be better than a rubbish VM service. Search seems to suggest things have quietened down on that fault though, so fingers crossed.

Thanks again for taking time to reply!
0 Kudos