Menu
SammyAdams
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quick start install Help!!

I've just received my quick start fibre broad band (so excited) I've waited in all day for it. I've opened it activated and then realised I need a vm wall socket.. I've searched my home high and low and I no such thing.. why was I able to purchase if I don't have this? I'm not quite sure what to do now.. any help appreciated thank you!

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start install Help!!

If you do not have a wall connection you will need an engineer's visit which could take quite a time.  I would suggest you avoid the offshore call centre but instead phone the UK based Retentions Team ... 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.   Sounds crazy I know, but they can deal with a whole lot more than just retentions.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quick start packs are only sent automatically if an address is showing as previously having a cable service. However, there is nothing to stop subsequent non-cable occupiers ripping out these cables & connections that you now need to use.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SammyAdams

Thanks for joining us and for getting in touch with us about the quick start set up.

I appreciate the internal socket is not there and this is obviously something that we now need to address for you.

When we book the service for you as a self-install our systems show if the property has been pre wired and active in the recent past, but we don't get to see if the socket is still there, and as @nodrogd mentioned, this may have been removed by the previous tenants.

To get this arranged if you can speak to our teams in Quickstart via 0800 953 9500 who will covert this now to a manned installation free of charge for you.

Keep u posted on how that goes Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
SammyAdams
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your advice! A tech come out this morning all fixed!
0 Kudos
SammyAdams
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen_A a tech come out this morning and installed a socket for me everything is up and running now!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm very glad to hear it SammyAdams, and thanks for letting us know Smiley Happy

As a new customer with us too, it would be fab if you could take a moment to check out the extra benefits you can get form us as part of our brilliant Inclusives.

They're totally worth a look!

If you need anything else just pop back to us on the forums and we'll do our best to help out.

Have an awesome day Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
kevnjohn
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was having the similar one. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SammyAdams wrote:
Thanks Karen_A a tech come out this morning and installed a socket for me everything is up and running now!
Welcome aboard Smiley Happy

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos