Menu
N-A
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems in CF11?

I don't really know the appropriate location so I'll try here.

Not for the first time (it happens on average two or three times a year) yesterday around 12.30 my internet connection kept stopping on me.  On my modem box the inverted arrow simple which usually flashes blue quite quickly, flashed green instead and the tick box symbol above it was missing.  I for my part couldn't use the internet whilst it was happening.  This continued intermittently for about an hour and at one point my TiVo box was also effected with the green light next to the standby light flickering rather than being constant.  Eventually normal service appeared to return.  I managed to watch TV including programmes I'd recorded on my TiVo box (I haven't tried You Tube yet).  However my broadband internet is slow with videos frequently stalling and websites taking a while to load up and perhaps more importantly I get no dial tone on my landline phone.

As I said, this happens more than once a year but usually the fault has cleared itself before now on its own.  Has anyone else seen problems like this in the Pontcanna area of Cardiff in the last 30 hours or so?

PS I've twice run the online test of both my broadband and phone on the Virgin Media website and there doesn't appear to be a problem on there.

0 Kudos
jimmyp
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems in CF11?

if your in area 25 im in the same boat as you just had a superhub 3 installed and getting poor wifi speeds of 10mbps on 150mbps

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi N-A,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your services.

I've located your account and I can see you've got a technician booked to fix this for you. Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
N-A
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Josh.  Given that I will have been without phone contact for approximately ten days in an area with poor mobile phone reception, and given that I had to delay the start of my new job by a day due to the technician's visit (leading to loss of income), I will be looking for a refund on my next bill.  I don't know who I will have to see about arranging that.

Kind Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
N-A
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The engineer arrived this morning between 10.00 & 11.00 and fixed the problem Smiley Happy  The problem was apparently a short circuit in the junction box across from the street.  Finally, for the first time in ten days I'm back up and running.  Now, will I get an automatic refund due to the lack of service or do I have to contact Virgin Media about that?

NA

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm really sorry again for the trouble. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and arrange a credit for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos