Menu
Albermito
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Problem activating new kit

Hello, I have new kit at home and I have received a message saying that everything is ready to work. Well, Everything is installed correctly but it dorsn't work. I don't know if is activated or I have to acivate it. If I have to activate it they ask for account number or telephone number but I don't have any of them. By telephone nobody pick up the phone and I need internet conexion asap
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem activating new kit

If an installer has fitted your equipment then they should have activated it as part of the install.  If you have been sent the equipment by courier then you would need to call them on the number that was provided with it.

Unfortunately you just need to continue waiting in the queue as I believe that is the only way you can get the equipment activated.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Albermito
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There isn't any queu to wait. It is a machine asking for the account number or telephone number to activate it and I don't have any of them so probably the only way to activate it is using mu adress
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In that case if you contact Virgin Media via their main telephone number (150 from your phone) they should be able to do this manually for you by taking your name and address details.  The automated activation line only works if you have the details you don't have.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Albermito
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

But I don't have telephone at home because I only bought broadband so can only call from my mobile phone
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Call 0345 454 1111. This number is covered by any plan minutes you have.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Albermito
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is useless. I have called and they ask again for account number or telephone number....
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you are calling from a mobile you can use their freephone number 0800 052 0422 (Select option 4 and then 2).  I would recommend selecting the option that you are thinking of leaving to get through to the Loyalty team.  They are UK based and normally very helpful.  I'm sure they will be able to sort this out for you.

When the automated system asks for your account number just enter nine zero's, ie 000000000.  It may give you an error but if you keep trying you will eventually be connected through to a real person.

-

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Albermito,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are having an issue with activating your broadband connection.

I would like to check this further and make sure that the activation has been completed. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your address, I can look into this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos