Can anyone help with a direct contact phone number for the 'quota escalation team'?
I've just moved house, and installation to transfer my Virgin account was booked weeks ago. It's supposed to be happening tomorrow. About 2 hours ago I had a voicemail saying that Virgin were cancelling the appointment because they've just realised that they need a 'two man team' to do the work. The voicemail says they've rearranged this for 10 January; leaving me without internet or TV over xmas and meaning that I will have been without internet for abut 6 weeks by the time they connect it. This is a ridiculous amount of time to wait; I was promised on the phone that I'd have pre-xmas installation.
I rang the pre-installation team who have been nightmare to deal with; it's like speaking to a (not very efficient) robot. They say they have no way of contacting an actual human being, and that they have to email the 'quota escalation team' and wait for a response which can take 48hrs. I just want to speak to someone in the UK (the voicemail was from a Scottish person) to try and resolve this and get an earlier appointment. The website is sending me round in circles, I was on the phone for nearly an hour trying to resolve this, and apparently the only way I can make a complaint is in writing by post, which means I won't be able to get this sorted any time soon.
Have tried tweeting the social media account asking someone to call, but no reply.
I think I'm going to have to cancel the installation and go with BT instead at this rate, because they say they can install next week.
Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your installation has been delayed. It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can.
There isn't a direct number for the quota escalation team. Not even an internal one. This team exists as they are responsible for adding further availability if and when needed and if of course there is room to allow it. We would send an email to them and they'll review this against the area. They look at the bigger picture as a whole and not as individual circumstances.
Since posting have you been offered a quicker installation date? If not, it's unlikely we'll be able to install you sooner due to the work needed to be done.
We're really sorry
Kath_F Forum Team
Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out
No I haven't - I haven't even had the courtesy of the callback I was promised. The whole thing has been a total farce and to be honest I think I might just cancel and go with BT instead. I've had such poor experiences when I've tried to get in touch - your call centre is atrocious. Is there any way of you just double checking just in case there is an earlier slot you can give me? Thanks