Menu
Geoffersss
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Postcode not working on cable my street

Hi all,
There is a new building estate in Peterborough of 86 houses but the postcode of PE2 9QR isn't working. There is a mux cabinet at the entrance to the building estate and it has spare fibres that could be used to provide a connect to a new optical node(the mux currently only provides a phone network to surrounding businesses so there is space for a new optical node). The roads on this building estate have not yet had their final reinstatement so trunking could easily be placed with minimal costs.
I am looking into moving to this area and was wondering if someone could let me know if it is possible to get virgin here before I do so.

Thanks
geoffrey
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Postcode not working on cable my street

Hey Geoffrey

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know in such fab detail about the status of the current network leading up to your potential new home.

I can see that the postcode will not allow itself to be registered on the Cable My Street site so I have flagged this to our Lightning Creation Teams to see if they can support us with this for you.

Once they get back in touch with us about this I'll be back.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoffrey

The teams have come back to me and asked if you can provide the name of the site in order for us to see if we can look into this.

It's not always about costs, it's about permissions too and if we don't have this from the developers then we're a bit stuck.

We need the permission of the site to allow us to come in a lay our network. Do you have the name of the site?

If you could let us know the site name, I can flag this back to them for you Smiley Happy

Take care and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Geoffersss
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

The site is The Printworks, Peterborough.
It is owned by persimmon homes. I have spoken to a few of the sales people at the site and a lot of the house owners have asked about Virgin. So there is certainly a demand for it.

Thanks for getting back to me!
Geoffrey
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Geoffrey Smiley Happy

Thanks for that! I've passed it all to the Lightning teams for you and once they pop back to me I'll be back in touch.

It's going to be Wednesday now before I can check for you as I am off tomorrow. I hope that's okay.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoffrey

I've had some feedback from the Lighning Teams and they have confirmed the below:

Costed but cancelled under NBU24079.

Developer did not wish to proceed with VM services back in November 2015

I'm so sorry that it's not better news Smiley Sad

Thanks for coming to us on the forums though to check into this with us,  and I hope the rest of your week is a good one Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos