Menu
Antonys1981
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possible cable to house issue

For the past week I've had constant wired and wireless issues rang virgin they did a factory reset of the hub 3 and tinkered with some settings but the problem still persists wired side drops out constantly and the wireless side is that bad I've started using my phone's internet as the wireless just doesn't load anything 90% of the time I've done various speed tests using speedtest.net and it takes an age to connect to a server and the download speed is so erratic it bounces aggressively from 0 to 100+ and most times comes back with a speed of 0.39 on a 200mb connection upload is around the same and the reason I think it's a cable to my house issue is I've got a freeview box and I disconnected my hub 3 and used the cable watched tv and after various lengths of time the picture pixelates and freezes which obviously indicates a problem which needs sorting whether that be a new cable to my house or other options I'm absolutely sick of the issues the internet has been a problem on various occasions since the day it was installed can we sort this or I will be changing providers mark my words
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible cable to house issue

Hi Antonys1981,

I am sorry for the recent poor performance of your broadband. I have located an SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault that seems to be the culprit, ref: F004954966.

A network technician has been in attendance and we're currently waiting for his report to find out whether or not he's located the source of the noise ingress.

I've checked the upstream network segment and it does appear to have been more stable since you posted so hopefully things are on the mend.

I'll make a note to check on this again for you tomorrow Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Antonys1981,

I've checked on the SNR fault for you, as promised, and it's reported as having been fixed since earlier this morning.

Hopefully you'll have no further broadband performance issues but please post an update if you do require any further support. We'll be happy to help Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Antonys1981
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still having dropouts and poor speed rest assured I will not be paying my bills until this is sorted I am not paying for something I'm simply not getting 1000's across the country are reporting the hub 3 to be the problem so I would like the hub 2ac sent in replacement it's worth a try I guess as I'm really getting annoyed with the disgraceful service I've been getting including the customer service which is just a list of different excuses depending on who you speak to why don't you just be straight with your customers we are not stupid and won't believe everything we hear get it sorted or my next step will be going higher and taking it to the next level
0 Kudos