Menu
MrPalladium
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Physical ethernet light switch from green then stays orange

I used to have a solid green connection all the time using a Cat 6e cable, no matter what port I use it starts off as green then switches to orange, and does not change back. Therefore this is making my internet connection very poor, and is a superhub 3

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Physical ethernet light switch from green then stays orange

Have you tried a different cable?

Whats at the other end of the cable and can you try connecting it to something different?

0 Kudos
MrPalladium
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My PC is on other end, Ive used different cables, different devices, done reset on hub, turned power off for 5 min etc, all do the same, plug cable into any of the ports, light turns green, flashes 2-3 times then turns orange

0 Kudos
MrPalladium
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is still occurring I even go into my Ethernet settings on my PC and switch the speed to 1 gb, still shows 100mb connection switch back to auto then switches to 1 gb connection, after a while the internet connection will cease to be and when it does reconnect back to 100mb and the orange light

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello MrPalladium

How frustrating, I wonder what is causing it. Perhaps it may be worth checking that you have the latest NIC manufactures drivers for the PC, sometimes it is better to go to the manufactures site rather than rely on windows update by the way.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos