Menu
nctibbels
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Password reset on Hub3 problems

I've tried to clear the old password stored in the Hub3 by carrying a 90 second reset with a pen & then turning off and on the router, but when I can try to log back into the router using the default password it doesn't recognise it.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password reset on Hub3 problems

Hello nctibbels

I wonder why, I am not being deliberately picky but the actual instructions say

1. Find the Ethernet ports on the back of the Hub 3.0
  2. Below the Ethernet points, you will see a pinhole marked 'RESET'. Use a paper clip or pen to press the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds
  3. The Hub 3.0 should now revert to its factory default settings – the same as those listed on the label on the bottom of the device
  4. We recommend that you now turn off the power to the Hub 3.0 for 60 seconds and then turn it back on

Please would you try again exactly as above and let us know how it goes, if you are still having problems after that we will be happy to send you a new hub.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
nctibbels
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password reset on Hub3 problems

Yes the instructions are that explicit, however despite following it to the letter, in fact, I did the reset for 60secs, and left the router off overnight, after 2 similar attempts to turn the router off for 60 secs. Its partly my fault as originally I changed the password to something more secure, but can't find the note where I stored the password Smiley Sad
0 Kudos