Menu
overseer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Outside cableing issues and slow broadband.

I had Virgin broadband installed about 6 months ago.  The initial installation was done by Kelly Communications who made a real mess of putting the cabling down in the front garden.  After a complain to VM it was all tidied up.  Sorted...or so I thought.

I've recently noticed that my broadband has been slowing down.  Contacted VM who adjusted some settings and told me to see how it goes.

Tonight I've been out to check my meter readings and found that my neighbour has had VM installed.  The cable to his property comes out of the junction box in front of my house, runs UNBURIED across my front garden and into his.

I've rang VM to complain and been passed around pillar to post, put on hold and not had an answer.

I need this cable moved.  It should not be running across my garden.  I also suspect this is the reason my internet speed has been so slow recently as it is being spurred from my junction box.

Can somebody please help me out with this?!

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside cableing issues and slow broadband.

Some cable cutters work wonders.     Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
overseer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Dave_cq That is exactly what I'm thinking!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the spur from your box should not affect the speed or the quality of your BB 

as to a cable running over your land - that should only happen in emergencies - blocked duct or similar and should only be temp - more to the point it should only happen with your consent - staff here will get to the thread in about a week and start the process of getting it removed but dont hold your breath for a quick resolution - cutting the cable is not a good idea imo - but thats your call 

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi overseer,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry for the trouble you've had with this.

I've located your account and I can see the team have booked a technician to come and move the cable. Let me know how it goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The main thing is that your neighbours connection cable is removed from your property and no attempt made to tidy it up while still on your land.

The sub contractors must have been aware that they were acting unlawfully without having your consent in writing (Way leave authority).

There are all sorts of implications to this cowboy behaviour up to and including issues if you decide to sell your house.

Hope you are on good terms with your neighbour and you can work together on it.

In the meantime don't forget to bill VM for the use of your land so far (yes I'm serious - it could always come to the axe solution if it needs escalating).

Good luck with it

overseer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Josh,

Can I please have a phone number or postal address for your complaints department in order for me to formally log this complaint?

As stated by others, you have acted unlawfully by using my property to provide services to another, and I expect to be compensated.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey overseer,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with exposed cables.

You can write to us to complain, here is the address: Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ.

Additionally you can use the online chat tool and they will be able to raise a complaint for you.

I hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos