Menu
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 31 (192 Views)

Re: Outage time definition please (Broadband )

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 12 of 31 (189 Views)

With respect, as already mentioned, there are no SLA's on residential connections. So you and VM are at an impasse.

So as much as yes, its a pain especially  in your circumstances, there's still no obligation on VM's part.  There are several different ways of improving the situation you are in, depending on your budget and needs.

• A PAYG mobile phone with limited data is a cheap "emergency" device for an internet connection
  • A business connection has SLA's in place for restoration of service- but is expensive.
  • Running another supplier side by side with VM- eg a SKY ADSL connection gives you redundancy
  • Free Wifi is a thing. As well as VM's network of HUBS offering access, Maccy Dees, your local library, coffee shop etc etc are good places to connect in an emergency..

Not trying to be clever about it, just give you some practical options that may help going forward.

On our wavelength
Message 13 of 31 (185 Views)

Cheers Kippies,

But a problem that I am paying for is not a hassle. 

If you work a month and get paid for 3 weeks and 2 days.  Then your told "Hay Ho little problem. But we will never reimburse you".

That is being blunt

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 14 of 31 (175 Views)

ggildas wrote:

Cheers Kippies,

But a problem that I am paying for is not a hassle. 

If you work a month and get paid for 3 weeks and 2 days.  Then your told "Hay Ho little problem. But we will never reimburse you".

That is being blunt

Be as blunt as you want. Id agree. Personally I dont think VM's service credit system cuts it at all. But it is what it is and that's the position you are in, with little to no recourse. My post was simply to point that out and give you some options.  As long as OFCOM are happy with VM's responses, little will change. 

If you want some advice about pushing to terminate we can help. If you want help to troubleshoot your connection, we can help. But outside of  that, you and I both are just venting and the status quo will continue.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 31 (173 Views)

Hi Kippies,

Never thought my first post would run like this, thanks.

What Ofcom thinks is what Ofcom is told. by ISP's or to be legalish get what you ask for. If I ask a 2 year old "Have you wet yourself?" Respone "No". Honest answer. On checking backend a mess. 

That is the crux of this thread 

What measurement do VM use to supply information to it's regulator??????????????

Notified service loss or actual service loss

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 31 (171 Views)

And still no comment from Mods or Admin.

Anytime one of you wants to join in.

Got a taxi booked for 02:00 to take me to Bristol Quays, 120 miles round trip from Dudley, friend of a friend has SatPhone on a boat.. Will call and get to sleep then.

Thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 31 (172 Views)

Hi Kippies,

Slipped under the radar as you are Superuser. You work for VM? Reason I ask is the grammatical plural WE that use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 31 (163 Views)

Sorry Kippies,

When you said WE you may have mean't Community members.

Apologies to others as well.

In my own defence it is VM pushing me to 2nd guess strangers trying to help. My wife is on the edge, 40miles, from a war zone and VM caused more damage to me than the worry I already had..

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 31 (161 Views)

Hi all,

Just to let you know.

My wife was eyeballed in KIllis, just north of Aleppo, with other NGOs 9pm GMT 11pm Turkish safe and sound, organising a clearance for a fleet of ambulances.

Massive $%^£ VM

Bog standard phone a a few friends did more for me in the last 24hrs than VM

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 20 of 31 (134 Views)

I don't think you will find any Virgin Media staff member on here getting involved in discussions about Ofcom reporting statistics. Above their pay grade and potentially career limiting. Why do Virgin Media give such poor compensation for service problems? Short answer, because they can. Do Ofcom care enough to do anything about it? Short answer, no. The theory is that competition and market forces will look after customer interests.

Your circumstances appear to require a better level of service than the average user. Rather than wasting your energy in what will almost certainly be a futile attempt change Virgin Media, I think you would do better following Kippies advice and look for backup for your residential quality connection. Banging your head against the brick a usually results in nothing more than a headache.

If you want to continue your attempts to discuss regulatory issues with Virgin Media, I suspect the only possibility of getting a response is to write to the official complaint address.

Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

Good luck to you and your wife.