Menu
camaldo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing connection issues with SH3

Hi

I was experiencing broadband connection dropouts a couple of months ago. Upon contacting the team an engineer came out to replace my SH2AC which had been working without issue in modem mode for two years. To troubleshoot that it wasn't a hardware issue I was given a SH3 which was soon having the same connection dropouts. Upon contacting Virgin Media and requesting an engineer come to check the local area connection as the engineer who had come round previously told me there had been many issues in the area, and quite possibly the cause of the fault was noise on the line between my property and the cabinet (which is literally the other side of the street!).

The staff member I spoke to reset the Hub over the phone, promising that the line would be monitored and I would be contacted as soon as there was any issue. Within one hour the router had lost connection so I called back customer services literally begging for an engineer to check issues with the connection locally. The staff member was adamant that the issue is that the Hub is faulty and would send me a replacement, which arrived today.

I am pretty confident that we will lose connection shortly after setting up the router so I was wondering if I could provide some log information etc for diagnosing the issue, as the staff I have spoken with have been patronising and refused any discussion about the log error reports I had.  When I pleaded for perhaps the 20th time that an engineer was dispatched as I pay a lot of money for what has been a failing internet service I was told that the engineers aren't free...hopefully the issue can be resolved asap as I work from home and my wife is recovering from an operation so we are reliant on our Broadband working as it should do.

Hopefully someone here can help me here as I dread another phonecall to Customer Service which only serve to waste everyone's time. Grateful for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
camaldo
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing connection issues with SH3

...so 24 hours later and the Hub has functioned in modem mode with no disconnections/resets. It has however intermittently failed to provide a 5ghz signal for my router, something which had been happening months ago when I initially reported problems with the internet connection whilst using the SH2ac.

This is the broadband monitor which is showing fluctuations - again I am confident there is an issue with the cable network in the local area. Any thoughts from anyone on this would be appreciated.virgin.PNG

Downstream...Downstream......Downstream continued...Downstream continuedNetwork logNetwork log

0 Kudos
camaldo
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First dropped connection. Lasted about five minutes, have reconnected but internet is painfully slow.

sh31.png

Please see Speedtest below; I can barely use an internet browser at the moment. It does not report any service issues in the area, maybe a moderator reading this may be able to provide some assistance asap before I spend another evening begging for a resolution to the ongoing issue.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=14885775572090762696

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi camaldo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at the network and I am unable to see any issues with traffic nor SNR (signal to noise ratio) that would cause this issue. For this I would like to arrange for an engineer to check the local connection and if needs be they can escalate to a Networks Technician. I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos