Menu
Marius03
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Old hub on wall

Hello i have ordered a QuickStart pack and seems that in my house i have an old Hub on wall telewest wich dosent have the fibre optic cable and dosent work sadly. i have an enginner apointment on 20. hope wen it comes to change that cable since i have paid for optic fibre internet and not coaxial cable that i have in house at the moment. any advice what i should do ???
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old hub on wall

The VM network is a hybrid network which is fibre optic to the optical node and high grade coax from the optical node to the home via a series of cabinets.

What do you mean by "hub on the wall"?

It could be an old telewest entry point that may need recabling back to the local street cab with coax cable.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You have paid for speed, not a type of cable, you wont get a fibre cable
0 Kudos
Marius03
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

well that is not right wen you order an internet wich says fiber optic , that service should be provide on that cable. is like i say to you i sell iphone because is faster but i give you samsung because its same speed.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I dont see what type of cable matters as long as you get the speed you pay for

0 Kudos
Marius03
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

its the conection i have on my wall. were i have to put my cable in its an teleweat thing. that has a coaxial cable. and old thing from what i see. the other conection is virgin box but its the one for phone.
0 Kudos
Marius03
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

because the fibre optic cable produce more speed and the conection goes more faster. whats more faster inflared or bluetooth ??? same here. an old cable coaxial will not deliver the same speed as an fibre optic cable.
0 Kudos
Marius03
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Coax with docsis 3.1 can do 10Gbps!

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/12/10gbps-cable-broadband-speeds-edge-closer-docsis-3-1-te...

Besides, your paying for 50,100 or 200Mbps

Its like a black iphone vs a white iphone Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same principle as BT, their network is fibre to the cabinet with a copper from the cabinet to the home.

Completely different to phones as different phones will have different features, whilst ISPs only offer one feature, i.e. connection to the internet.

If you want fibre to the home, there are a few companies that will do it on an individual basis, provided you are in the right area. But expect to pay around £750 installation fee and about £350pm. At least you will get 1Gbps speeds.

0 Kudos