Menu
MrCessna
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Okay lets get cracking... does this mean I am connected now?

Hi all, I received my Virgin Media quick start package yesterday which didn't work but have been sent the following text this morning:

"Okay - let's get cracking! We've sent the signal to your home & everything's ready for you, so you can set up your kit. Reply HELP if you get stuck." Does this mean my line is working now?

I was told I need an engineer to come out, so I am assuming this is automated... can anyone confirm? With thanks, MrCessna
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Okay lets get cracking... does this mean I am connected now?

Hi Mr Cessna,

It wound like you perhaps opted for the self-install package?

If you have an existing Virgin cable in your home then you should be able to just attach your virgin media tv box and or broadband modem, follow the setup instructions that came with the device and you should then be activated shortly.

By the sounds of the text you got it sounds like Virgin have already provisioned your line so just awaiting the devices to be attached.

If you were advised you need and engineer then it may be that there is either no drop cable to your home or it is perhaps damaged and needs replacing.

If you have a virgin cable inside your home then i would certainly connect up to it and see what happens, you can be waiting up to 2 weeks for a response from a Virgin CSA on here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
stuart345
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Okay lets get cracking... does this mean I am connected now?

The message means your line is active and just needs the modem/hub to be cobnected to go live. This means rhe send a pulse by the cable that signals the router/ tv box to set up automatically. The set up process gas startex though nay not be compkete uf other virgin acessories are not connected.
0 Kudos