Menu
rikck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nowhere to install super hub 3.0

I have VM Broadband, TV, Telephone at home.

I had Tivo installed at home (normal 1960 semi detached).

Line to Tivo enters house at the front into living room with a hole drilled thgrough wall.

Line runs under carpet around the wall into Tivo under TV.

There is no line to plug into Super Hub 3.0 !!!

Upstairs, above living room, there is a VM cable put through the wall (previous occupants) that goes to nothing and is rolled into a big coil under the bed.

I plugged the Super Hub into this.

It works and I have Broadband but I now have a super hub in the middle of the bedroom floor that we have to step over every time, is a pain and we can see lights on it at night. It's really annoying.

How can I get the superhub to be located near the TV & Tivo as I want to run an ethernet cable to the TV & Playstation for gaming but I can not presently.

Do I need another line installed to solve this or is there something I am unaware of?

Please help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nowhere to install super hub 3.0

Would need spitter on cable that goes to tivo, you could call customer service and request quick start pack, other option would to request engineer visit this might have a fee
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
rikck
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.

Is that the only way to get a splitter pack, by calling them?

Can it be done through you & you arrange to send me one?

I have tried speaking to the customer team before but have always been left annoyed & frustrated by the length of time it takes to get through to someone & then I have difficulty getting my point & meaning across to the person on the other end of the 'phone who does not understand what I am saying.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
spikey673
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most of the people on this forum are just like you, normal users.

virgin do reply to people on here but it takes around a week for them to see your post, HOWEVER, they are sooo much better than offshore support, or you could call retentions on 150 (there uk based and will understand)

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As spikey673 a lot of non-staff helping each other on here, I’m just a regular virginmedia customer
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello rikck,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the inconvenient positioning of your Hub! I can see you've called in to get it relocated.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out