Menu
LPA
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Notification of service outages.

I've often asked for prior notification of system outages. And I've just received such an advance notification.

Well done Virgin Media.

So, I'm going to sound like a whiney **bleep**, now.

VM sent a snail mail letter to my home address. Now one of the reasons I like VM is because I find the service price competitive and from a performance perspective, as good as any other provider I've dealt with.

But sending out postal letters, when you've got an email connection right into my home. I don't know how much it cost to send out letters to all your subscribers in this area, but surely it's a cost you didn't need to incur.

Just send an email next time, please. Then pass the savings on  in my bill.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LPA
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification of service outages.

"So, I'm going to sound like a whiney **bleep**, now."

Oh! for goodness sake! Female canine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey LPA,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I appreciate that you've taken the time to provide feedback, I'll ensure your thoughts are passed on.

Let me know if I can help with anything and thanks again for your post.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd prefer to continue to receive this sort of notification by post as it is very easy to miss an email, especially if it is sent to an email that doesn't get checked very often or the email account details haven't been updated.

Email addresses change, but postal addresses will always remain the same for the account of that house so there is a much better chance of it being seen.

0 Kudos
LPA
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And that's fine 'bambamboyo', but my virgin email address associated with my account hasn't changed in five years. It's very low volume and I collect emails via smtp, so for me, there is no overhead nor trouble in receiving emails at my Virgin email account.

And if it means the costs of the VM account stay competitive, that's a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd still prefer a letter personally. Maybe there could be an opt in/opt out like receiving bank statements by post.

To be fair it can't be that often that these letters need to be sent, I've never received one before so I don't think its a big issue in the grand scheme of things.
0 Kudos