Menu
Highlighted
Philford
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No services available

Hi guys,

I used to be a VM customer back when in lived in Birmingham but since living in London I’ve struggled to get any services where I live.

I currently live in a low rise block built back in 2006 and looking around it seems that it was pre-wired (I have cables behind blanks in my flat and outside the building there is a green cabinet with a ‘Telewest’ cover on the ground) but I can’t get services.

I have used to the address checker and I can see that addresses just a couple of doors down can get services and I’ve seen the boxes on their houses etc.

The current max speed for internet at my address is 8mb (!!!!) with FTTC expected by April but then the cabinet it still over 1km away so I would really rather have VM if at all possible.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No services available

Hi Philford

Thanks for the PM Smiley Happy

I've popped this back to the Nex teams and as soon as they get back to me I'll be back in touch with an update for you Smiley Very Happy

Cheers and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philford

It's amazing how much we've all come to reply on a decent internet connection and speed isn't it!

Lets see what we can do to help Smiley Very Happy

If you can pop back to me on a PM with the following I can check this out with our Nex teams.

• Your name
  • Your full address
  • Your contact number

I can email them for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks, and thanks too for joining us on the community Smiley Very Happy

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Philford

Thanks for the PM Smiley Happy

I've popped this back to the Nex teams and as soon as they get back to me I'll be back in touch with an update for you Smiley Very Happy

Cheers and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Philford

Just an update.

The Nex team have come back and said:

This property is part of NBU 93298 but there has been absolutely no activity on this that I can see since January 2017

They asked me to flag this back to our MDU teams, which I have and when I get an update form them I'll be back in touch.

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Philford
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen, what exactly does that mean?
0 Kudos