Menu
Kevz65
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No service in area 21 for 3 days now

Can someone please tell me what's going on please. The service status page says there is an outage but the fix date was previously the day before yesterday, then moved to yesterday and then today and now it's tomorrow. It keeps getting moved back a day!
Can someone actually find out the real answer when it will be fixed?
I need my Internet connection as I work from home!
hooper35
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service in area 21 for 3 days now

I'm in Area 21 too. Service has been appalling for months and is non-existent at the moment. At what point does VM breach its contract and we can escape to another, more reliable provider?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevz65, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to learn about your issues with your broadband connection being offline for a number of days, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've tried to test the connection from here but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. I will need some information from you in order to proceed with diagnostics, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hooper35
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We've been told there will be a fix for Area 21 at the end of March 2017. It would be great to know precisely what that fix is and why it needs to take so long. I've had trouble since November. It seems strange that it takes 5 months to fix something!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding to Adam's message Kevz65, 

I've had a look into this for you and there does appear to be a fault in the area concerning a high demand for our service under the fault reference F004362248, with a review set for 29/03/2017. This is known to cause slower speeds, particularly during peak times. 

In addition to this, there does also appear to be an issue with the equipment SNR Upstream level and I'd like for one of our field engineers to come out and take a look at this for you. 

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this arranged. 

Speak to you soon, 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've also experienced some trouble with your connection hooper35, 

I've looked into this for you and I can see that you're currently affected by two separate area faults. One concerning SNR, under the reference F005112524, with a review set for 06/03/2017. You might find that your services are intermittent due to this. 

The second fault concerns a high demand for our service in your area, under the reference F004370024, with a review on 29/03/2017. 

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

We're unable to offer specific dates for resolve as these types of faults can be unpredictable in terms of the work required, construction, etc., and particularly because the issues affect a number of customers at once. 

I've sent you a private message so that we can talk about this some more. 

Speak soon, 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos