Menu
ferdous
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No lights on my router

My virgin media router does not have any lights on as of this morning. It was working fine last night. I rang Virgin Media and they mentioned that there was a fault in my area and lot of people were experiencing the same issue. I was asked switch it off for about half an hour and then switch it on.

I tried it after about an hour and still the same issue - no lights. So I rang virgin media again. This time someone different picked the phone up and said it was nothing to do with fault in the area. He said that there should be at least a light regardless the fault in the area. So he booked an engineer for Monday week which means I will not have any internet for whole week.

Then in the evening I tried to switch it on and I saw the white light on router for about a minute.

Any idea?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No lights on my router

hiya @ferdous welcome to the virignmedia community forum, the 2nd agent is totally correct no outage will cause all the lights to go off on the hub, strange the engineer didn't request a replacement via courier, but doing it via engineer would be quicker and make sure there is no faults and getting a good signal
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
ferdous
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks @paultechy
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ferdous, 

Thanks for posting to let us know that you've got no lights whatsoever on the Hub, I apologise for any troubles.

I have run some tests from here and I can see that everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all the power levels are where they should be.

Are you still having these issues? Just respond to me here should you require any further assistance with regards to this or any other issues.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TheMightyFalcon
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same happened to me - but they cancelled the engineer for Friday because they said "local fault was fixed." (Ever had one of those texts!!??). I rang (30 minute wait), complained and engineer is rebooked for Monday. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing - customer service used to be better, now it's grim!
0 Kudos