Menu
lizard1978
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No internet for a week!

I am in area 31; and have not had any internet for over a week. Everyday I phone up or check service status online and it says there is a fault in my area, however my neighbour who is 5 houses down has no issues and has had no problems at all. It's only started since I had a new hub 3.0 delivered as the power supply on my old superhub died. Whenever I call I get told it'll be fixed 'tomorrow'. Wednesday last week it was a P1 fault and now apparently it has been downgraded to a P2 fault. Anyone else having the problem? Apparently it was first reported on the 15th- but I had no service problems until the replacement hub arrived Wednesday 22nd!!
0 Kudos
lizard1978
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet for a week!

Ref Fault F005166177

Update.. Just spoken to Virgin, again, now to be told the fix that was 'GUARANTEED' by 2pm today has now been changed to tomorrow at 12pm

Timeline so far...
-) Wednesday 15th: Fault originally reported (not by me)
1) Sunday 19th - Power Supply on SuperHub failed
2) Weds 22nd - New Hub 3.0 arrived, swapped over and activated, but not working
3) Weds 22nd @ 12pm fault due to be fixed.
4) Thurs 23rd @ 12pm due to be fixed (When it was a P1 Fault)
5) Friday 24th @ 12pm due to be fixed (Then downgraded to a P2 Fault)
6) Monday 27th @ 2pm due to be fixed
7) Now its Tuesday 28th @ 12pm due to be fixed...!!

I'm not holding my breath tho, gonna call round this afternoon see if Sky, BT or Plusnet can do a new install in the next few days. guaranteed it will be cheaper too!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello lizard1978,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to read about the problems with your connection. I can see the fault in your area is still on-going, so please accept my apologies for this. Looking at the fault ticket, it currently has an estimated end date as - 30 MAR 2017 16:00.

Please keep in touch with us so we can provide progress updates.

Really appreciate your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lizard1978
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I see that date update every day; I won't hold my breath- but I would wager when it gets to 4pm it'll be updated to say "engineer on way. Est. fix 31st March @ 16:00 hrs"
0 Kudos
lizard1978
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As I thought; it got to 4pm yesterday, then was changed to 8pm. Then at 8 it was delayed again until 31st at 10am. Do you know if they even know how to fix it yet?
Can you arrange for a credit on my account for the days of no service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced lizard1978,

I've located your account and can see that you've since spoken with the team regarding this further.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
lizard1978
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What would be the chance of getting someone out to fix it sooner?  I understand engineers are busy, but there's a virgin engineer living on my street.

Struggling to understand why it will be almost 1 MONTH, till soneone can come and sort it out ?!?

Current ETA for an engineer is 10th April - original fault F005166177 was registered 15th March !!

Also can someone let me know what is the procedure to cancel my contract.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

sometimes slots become available, but very rarely you would need to call virgin media every few days to check for this, normally the engineers are out within a week or so.. but if this requires any sort of major work, relaying cables, digging up the street etc..

as for cancelling account would need to have a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us), since you need to give 30 days notification, also if your still under contract might need to pay early disconnection fees -> http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I think there is a get out free option if you have been without service for a specific period. The thinking of leaving team should be able to advise if you want to consider this option? Sid's law says the fault would finally be cleared the day after you leave.
0 Kudos
lizard1978
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just had a message from virgin saying fail F005166177 has been fixed. However STILL no internet! This is getting beyond a joke;
And it's costing me a fortune keep calling 0845 numbers from my mobile. Especially after holding for 20mins to be told they don't know what's wrong and can't help
0 Kudos