Menu
ColinM81
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection

Morning,

As of yesterday(Christmas Day) I haven't been able to access the internet at all using the Virgin Media super hub. I have tried switching it off/on and resetting the hub but nothing works.

My devices (iPhone & Ipad) show the symbol that they are connected to wifi. It when I try to acccess the internet, App Store, Twitter, facebook, games etc. I get told there is no internet connect.

I'm posting this via my mobile phone using the data on that.

I know it's Christmas so doubt many will see this, but any help to solve this would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Colin
0 Kudos
lowmans100
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection

Same here, I have been without internet for 3 days, since 24th Dec.

Status checker says broadband is working in my area and the maintenance checker says there is no maintenance in my area. But when I call Virgin and they go through all their checks of turn it off and on again, turn off your devices and other rubbish, they come up with they are doing maintenance in my area which will not be resolved until 5 January.

So despite their own systems saying broadband is fine and there is no maintenance in my area I am told the opposite.

Not it much of a Christmas for the kids, new devices are useless, no on demand TV, Netflix, Amazon etc.

rodrione
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been told exactly the same, been having issues for three days and they telling me now they are doing maintenance in my area which will not be resolved until 5 January...

0 Kudos
lowmans100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Day 8 of no internet, in Peterborough PE4.

Got a text from Virgin 2 days ago telling me the problem was fixed, of course it wasn't. So now have an engineer visit booked for the 9th January. I assume they mean technician visit since engineers are chartered, professionally qualified members of a professional institution registered with the engineering council.

So that will be 17 days of no internet, over the whole Christmas & New Year holidays, great stuff.

Virgin status checker still says Broadband no issues in my area and no maintenance being carried out.

Others I know on Virgin in Peterborough are in same situation. Something very wrong with Virgin's infrastructure maybe and the stories from Virgin customer service teams are getting tired. Is it that you will be liable for some kind of financial penalty if you admit your service has failed or you have not met your licence conditions?
0 Kudos
Rainbowbelle13
Just joined
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Also having the same problem in Bolton. No internet since Christmas Day and I'be been told 2 different stories in the space of an hour. One told me there were no issues with my connection and no maintenance was being done in my area and then the next told me there has been maintenance on Christmas Day... but they'all send someone out to take a look on the 4th of Jan.

I've tried factory resetting my hub in a hope that it would fix the problem and I've gone from no connection to it cutting out every couple of seconds, followed by my log being overflowed with 'Lost MDD connection'.

Has anyone been able to fix their problem?
0 Kudos
lowmans100
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

14 days of no internet is here, the 5 5th January had been and gone and still no internet despite Virgin telling me that the issue will be resolved in the 5th January because the engineers were working on it.

Virgin, I think you need to get some new engineers, 2 weeks of working on the issue and nothing has changed. Maybe let the local primary school kids have a bash at it. At least they will be honest and tell me they have no idea what they are doing and won't give a date that it will be fixed by.

0 Kudos
lowmans100
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Virgin, after 17 days (the whole of Xmas & new year holidays) & numerous phone calls with you telling me my issue was due to maintenance in my area (despite this not being the case on your own online maintenance & status checker) your technician arrived today and left less than 10 minutes later.

Nothing wrong with the internet to my house at all, the router was faulty.

You are a bunch of jokers, if you had just sent someone to my address when I called you I would have been without internet for about 2 days and I would have avoided a lot of grief from my three children & partner. The main Xmas presents that the children received would have been usable. The Netflix, Amazon & Sky streaming TV over Xmas could have been enjoyed.

But no your experts at the end of a phone diagnosed my problem without even considering all possibilities.

I look forward to your next questionnaire.
0 Kudos