Menu
Swelch19673
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection over Ethernet lines

Just got virgin installed today. And it doesnt work! On the various devices in the house, they say there is no internet connection, they are all plugged in through Ethernet cables.

Th
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection over Ethernet lines

connected today - how by self install or by a tech - if your side is correct it sounds like the an activation fail

Tony
0 Kudos
Swelch19673
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony

Assuming I am not the most gifted with technology

A. They sent a technician out and he filled out a form saying it works fine

B. I don't really know what you mean by your second point?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2nd point - open a browser on any device connected to SH - type 192.168.0.1 in address line and you will get into the SH - i assume its a hub3 if so click on box in middle of screen which will take you to config pages - cut and paste them here

before all that though assuming its a hub3 what are the lights on the front doing - there should only be one light lit at the bottom - what colour is it - if there are more lights lit which ones 

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swelch19673

Welcome to the community and apologies for the late reply here. Are you still experiencing any issues with your connection? Everything looks ok when running some tests which is great but if you are still having any problems please post back here and we'll get it looked into.

Kind regards,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Swelch19673
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well what was great to was virgin would have come out in 9 days to fix the problem.

I got some local guys in Chiswick to come in an replace some bodgey cabling to the virgin wifi router and she-bang it all appears to be working.
0 Kudos