Menu
Copons
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection (green led flashing)

Hello all,

I'm a new Virgin user and I've received my Hub 3.0 on Feb 8.
I've activated it and correctly plugged it, but I just can't get any line out of it.

On my Virgin personal page it said everything looks good, so I called and they told me there was some issues and scheduled a technician visit for Feb 16.
The same day (Feb 8) I've received a text saying it was actually an area issue and they cancelled the visit. At the same time, the service status changed and showed an issue that was supposed to be solved in the next couple of days (Feb 10, if I recall correctly).
I've waited and eventually the service status turned green again, but to no avail.
I called again and they told me that the issue was hard to locate and to give them about 1 week.

On Feb 14 I called again just to be sure, and apparently it's not an area fault anymore, so they schedule a technician visit again, this time for Feb 21 (2 weeks after the day I was supposed to be online).
Now since I'm not a native English speaker, I can't quite understand everything they say to me on the phone, so I'd love to know if in fact there is an appointment booked for Feb 21, and also if usually that is enough to fix whatever problem (as in: when the technician leaves I'll be finally online, or if there's a real possibility I'll be left without internet for another week or more).

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection (green led flashing)

hard to know what the problem is - there have been some problems with activation - normally tales VM a week or so to get to threads - will flag this and see if they can have a look sooner

keep your eye on the thread as they will need to locate your account so will [i think] pm you for details - dont post anything of that nature it will get deleted

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please

Tony
0 Kudos
Copons
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer Tony!

I won't publish any of my personal details, no worries. Smiley Happy
Let's hope the mod team contacts me soon then.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Copons

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear how much trouble you've had trying to get this sorted. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) with some additional info.

Speak soon 

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Titchener
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just had a similar problem, I had to resolve it myself. Let me know if VM help you out, if not let me know. 

0 Kudos
TekTime
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem. I got install yesterday morning (after over 20 years with sky) and have no tv or internet. Real bad start from virgin for me considering the engineer unplugged my working sky box/router to plug in this. I am already thinking of cancelling
0 Kudos