Menu
Paranoid
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No internet after local issue resolved.

Yesterday I found my internet connection down while I was out, checked and there was a local issue (F004909754), got a text later to say it had been resolved but my connection remained down.

Ran online test and got "there's a fault in your area, status will be updated in 15 minutes with details" (or words to that affect) but status remained as no issues with Broadband.

On returning home I found only one upstream channel:

9, 23475000, 256QAM, 2.9 dBmv, 36.8 dB, 595, 300.

Called 150 (11:30pm at this point) and got given an engineer visit a week away and told to call again in the morning.

Called again this morning and now got this Friday afternoon (I've been allocated 41 points and there's 80 available on Friday, whatever that means).

Can't help but think the area fault is still hanging on but 150 say it isn't. They're digging up the street outside to replace gas mains, my TV/TiVo is working ok.

Do I just sit and wait for an engineer?

Thanks,

Iain.

0 Kudos
Paranoid
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet after local issue resolved.

Engineer came - Diagnosis - A connector in the street cabinet was incorrectly connected - "Probably when they fixed the area fault they didnt reconnect it properly"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet after local issue resolved.

Hi Paranoid, 

Thanks for the post!

I appreciate you keeping us in the loop with regards to your issues. I am pleased to hear that the engineer who came resolved your issues for you. Just remember should you require our assistance in future then post back here and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos