Menu
davidc100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No internet after installation

The Hub 3 router was installed one and a half hours ago and I am getting a network connection but no internet connection.  I have had a white light for over an hour.  I rebooted the router and got a flashing white light, then the flashing wifi green light, and then the flashing green arrows (internet I assume) and now back to the steady white light.  Still no internet.

The installation was done by an engineer who left me nothing other than the warranty.  No user guide or written help of any sort.  Incidentally, he insisted there was no settings' password.

When should I try to machete my way into VM support to get help?  Do I need to wait further for any initialisation before engaging with support?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet after installation

It does sound like it has not been initialised properly.  Give VM a call on 0345 454 1111 and ask them to check from their end.

Settings password should be on a label under the base of the hub.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this down time can be a fault in the area or just turn the router off for a min then turn back on if it does not come back ring virgin media up but it can be router update if its new and all the user guides are online

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
davidc100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  I will ring.  I know there is a settings password; my surprise was that the engineer didn't.  

0 Kudos
davidc100
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are right.  

An earlier call to a machine resulted in being given the advice that there was nothing wrong with my set up and I should reboot the router (again).  Didn't help. Just got through to a helpful human who quickly told me that there is a fault in my area network. Should be fixed in about 4 hours.  I was told to phone VM again if the internet did not appear in 5 hours.  

Thanks for your advice.  

0 Kudos
davidc100
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The 5 hour eta came and went. Expectation of fixing now put back to 15 March.  Quite a welcome to VM...

0 Kudos