Menu
nij1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No installation date!!! Still waiting for internet / phone / tv - been 3 months!!!

Can not get through to the pre-install team. Just on hold with really annoying music!

Background

I am signed up to Virgin media nearly 3 months ago for internet, tv and phone - and I still have none of this!!!!

I got an initial date early in October but that got pushed back because they had to do 'clear some blockage' I get a new date near the end of October, I then get another call saying they can not do this date for similar infrastructure issues.

I then get moved up as a 'priority' customer (means nothing) and get a new date of the 10th November and they told me this will be the date you get your internet / tv / phone

Another call saying that this 'work' has been put on hold and I have no date!!!!

I find this unacceptable and feel I've been taken for a ride!

I have spoken to endless number of people in the pre-install team and no one really takes any accountability and suggests speaking to a different team. It is really frustrating and I want this sorted ASAP and compensated accordingly!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
WillN
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No installation date!!! Still waiting for internet / phone / tv - been 3 months!!!

Hello, 

Just thought I'd let you know I feel your pain. I ordered my internet with Virgin in May after I was told I could now get their super fact VIVID 100. Installation was originally in early June, I still have no internet from Virgin. It's now got to the point that I have actually had internet installed by another provider which took a total of 10 days for them to set up. I haven't heard from Virgin in almost 2 months, they seem incapable of keeping in contact - either that or they just don't care. 

It's ok though, because they still send me marketing saying I can get internet now...... *sigh*

Absolutely no faith in them at all and quite frankly its disgusting that they haven't bothered to even keep me up to date - which seems to be the same with you. 

Hope yours doesn't end up as bad as mine!

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No installation date!!! Still waiting for internet / phone / tv - been 3 months!!!

Hi nij1982,

Thanks for your post and welcome to hear that you've been having an issue getting installed. It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

I can see since posting, you have already spoken to the team who have gone in to great depth with things for you. 

Fingers crossed the light is at the end of the tunnel now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

P.S - Welcome to the forums. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nij1982
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes - it is just frustrating waiting so long to get this sorted

These checks need to be made earlier - If they are honest up-front customers can decide if they would like to wait or not...

I don' think I should be waiting 3 weeks let alone 3 months to get internet , phone and TV.

I hoping this gets resolved before XMAS... if not I will be expecting something in return!

0 Kudos
nij1982
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know who or what the Cabin PLant team are????

This is what im waiting for - for my account to get sorted.....

Getting annoyed and losing my patience with Virgin Media....

They really need to sort this out ASAP, sitting on the hands with no progress being made  - heads need to roll somewhere!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nij1982,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

It's the cabinet plant team and they look after our cabinets. If you are waiting on a response from them, it's likely work is required in the cabinet to be able to connect you. 

Have you had any further updates since posting? 

Let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nij1982
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

No further updates....

I have no idea when this will be sorted.

Pre-install team informed me that the construction team would call me on Monday or Tuesday next week - but I heard nothing all week

I'm getting tired of all the false promises coming out of this team - If it does not get sorted this week I will cancel and request compensation of the time and money I have spent in the meantime

0 Kudos
WillN
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello, 

Just thought I'd let you know I feel your pain. I ordered my internet with Virgin in May after I was told I could now get their super fact VIVID 100. Installation was originally in early June, I still have no internet from Virgin. It's now got to the point that I have actually had internet installed by another provider which took a total of 10 days for them to set up. I haven't heard from Virgin in almost 2 months, they seem incapable of keeping in contact - either that or they just don't care. 

It's ok though, because they still send me marketing saying I can get internet now...... *sigh*

Absolutely no faith in them at all and quite frankly its disgusting that they haven't bothered to even keep me up to date - which seems to be the same with you. 

Hope yours doesn't end up as bad as mine!

0 Kudos