Menu
luojie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No cable from road

Hi, I was with, what was then Birmingham Cable, up until 2 years ago, when the home I had could not be wired.

I moved to this home, and 6 weeks ago accepted cable only.

I waited three weeks because there was no cable from the street to my house. When they came they said the wrong engineer had been sent. I booked again, I waited three weeks, no one came.

I still have no services or cable whatsoever, I have tried to contact, but keep getting auto replies.

Could someone please inform Virgin to collect their Router.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No cable from road

Hi luojie

Many thanks for allowing me the time to look into this for you.

From what I can see the teams have booked in a re-pull for you and are following that the next day with an installation. This is due to happen in the next couple of weeks.

If you're not sure of the dates of this work I can confirm this back in a private message for you.

If this is something you would rather we no longer do for you then if you could contact our teams via 0345 454 1111 and ask to speak to our Pre Install teams, they would be able to arrange to close this request for you.

Just keep in touch and I'll be happy to confirm the specifics for you if needed.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey luojie

I'm so pleased after our work together we've been able to get this sorted and you are connected with us Smiley Happy Thanks for dropping back to me with your PM confirming that it's all up and running for you.

:::::Happy dancing here:::::

As George Peppard always said,

This has made my Friday! Actually renaming it to Fri-Yay just for you Smiley Very Happy

Cheers luojie and keep in touch if you need anything else!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi luojie

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums about the cabling to your home, and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

In order for me to look into this further for you, if you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to let you know what the Lightning teams have advised after I've emailed them and they get back to me. This may take a couple of days.

Hope to speak soon.Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thnks for your PM Smiley Happy

I've sent the details over to the teams and it'll possibly be Monday now before I hear back from them.

I'll keep you posted Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi luojie

Many thanks for allowing me the time to look into this for you.

From what I can see the teams have booked in a re-pull for you and are following that the next day with an installation. This is due to happen in the next couple of weeks.

If you're not sure of the dates of this work I can confirm this back in a private message for you.

If this is something you would rather we no longer do for you then if you could contact our teams via 0345 454 1111 and ask to speak to our Pre Install teams, they would be able to arrange to close this request for you.

Just keep in touch and I'll be happy to confirm the specifics for you if needed.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

luojie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Karen, Much appreciated, but I think I've lost faith in Virgin Media, as I started with Birmingham Cable many many years ago, up until 2 years ago.

That's when they started to let me down, I had told them I was moving, and they said 'No Problem', but when I moved, they sent me a bill for the remaining year. I got in touch with them, (at least you could then :-) ), but they then informed me they couldn't cable the new home.

I had to go with TalkTalk (Nightmare). I changed to Plusnet, and took them with me here, (Still with them).

A rep phoned me, and sold me broadband only, which as a programmer, was very useful.

Sadly, I waited the two weeks for the cable, but no-one came, and I then re-booked, another 3 weeks, and no-one came.

I would still like the cable, but if they let me down again, I will never use their services again.

Thank you for your support in this matter, I really wish Virgin would take a few lessons from you :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's no trouble at all lovely, I am always here to help anyone in need and it's good to know it makes a positive difference so thanks heaps for your feedback Smiley Happy

I completely understand that when you have had an experience where you have been let down that your faith has been tested but we do have work planned that will hopefully correct the issues that prevented us connecting you.

I'll send you a private message with the appointment details I can see so we can chat about it a bit further.

Catch you soon Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

luojie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, I've had a chance to reflect on the way I've been treated (overlooked), and I think, given the realiabilty factor of Virgin, I would prefer not to have them install.

The fact is they let me down very badly on three different occassions, including when I moved home the time before.

I also noticed how the only engineer that did turn up, took my phone number and promised he would update me, but didn't.

After all this, they then took two months rental, and the connection charge.

I would like this returned, I will stick with Plusnet, they have never let me down.

Thanks for your help, please advise me on any outcome.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey luojie

I'm so pleased after our work together we've been able to get this sorted and you are connected with us Smiley Happy Thanks for dropping back to me with your PM confirming that it's all up and running for you.

:::::Happy dancing here:::::

As George Peppard always said,

This has made my Friday! Actually renaming it to Fri-Yay just for you Smiley Very Happy

Cheers luojie and keep in touch if you need anything else!

Karen_A
Forum Team