Menu
mcapindale
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No broadband

How much of the broadband network is currently down? Customer service and faults unable to help and earliest they could dispatch an engineer would be in 10 days. Independent website shows a nationwide outage on VM.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband

Hello mcapindale

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with the broadband connection, there was a bit of local area upstream trouble but this seems to have cleared, at the moment your hub power levels are out of specification:-

US 54 dBmV DS -4.7 dBmV        -6.2 dBmV        -6 dBmV        -6.2 dBmV        -5.7 dBmV        -5.4 dBmV        -5.2 dBmV        -5 dBmV        -4.9 dBmV        -4.9 dBmV        -4.7 dBmV        -4.7 dBmV        -4.7 dBmV

As far as we can tell this is just for your line and hub so best the engineer takes a look. Please accept our apologies for the wait.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
mcapindale
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nicola_C,

The internet drops out a number of times every day and is extremely frustrating. The system can be down from as little as 15 minutes to 16 hours.

Having lived in one eastern European country (Latvia) and three Middle Eastern countries managing critical infrastructure and fibre networks such as this, I can honestly say that this is so far the worst internet service I have had, and is far worse than Omantel, and that's saying a lot. I can only imagine that VM have issues either with their fiber connections or their servers. At any rate they seem to be unreliable.

If it continues to be as bad as this I will have no option but to cancel my contract with VM early at no cost to myself as VM have failed to provide me with a service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there mcapindale,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

How was the visit with the engineer yesterday?

I'm hoping you're receiving a better service now, but if you are still having trouble please let us know and we will gladly investigate further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos