Menu
VC10
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No broadband

This morning my I/net connection went down, rang 151 and after some tests they have booked an engineer for THURSDAY the 30th. This delay is totally unacceptable in the I/net age.

Just to add insult to injury throughout my call to 151 the operative kept saying "it's not a problem"

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I/net Down Sunday 26/03

Hello VC10

Please accept our apologies for the delay with an engineer appointment and your dissatisfaction with the agent. I notice that your hub seems to be online at the moment and all parameters looking good so fingers crossed all okay now.

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
VC10
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Well it has gone down twice this morning needing a hub reboot.

Incidentally the i/net came back on Monday morning without an engineer visit, so why couldn't it be fixed on the Sunday?

More importantly, last week when I complained on the VM FB page one of you representatives said "The internet is a luxury item at the moment". Everybody I have told this statement to has scoffed at it and commented on the fact I am paying for this service.

I have asked for a further comment on their statement , no reply so far. These days you need it to pay bills (banks are closing branches), sometimes it is the only way to contact a company, even your own website says the preferred method of communication is by 'on-line chat', and, as my son pointed out, when you apply for a job sometimes the first step is an on-line application form with no paper option. My employer (another Virgin branded company) relies on the i/net for its global communication. So, how is the net a luxury?

I look forward to a reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi VC10,

Thanks for getting back to us.

With the broadband service, I can see that the upstream power levels are too high and this can cause an impact to your connection. This will require an engineer visit to check over and I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. 

When you called through to us the router was showing as offline and if after all tests are completed the broadband is still not working we would then proceed with an engineer visit. In this instance the internet did start working before the visit. This could be due to the upstream power levels which can cause your broadband to be intermittent.

As frustrating as it is experiencing an issue with your connection, the broadband is a ''nice to have item''. We would like the service to be fault free, however we are unable to prevent faults from happening. We do resolve these the best we can and will credit for loss of service after 24 hours providing you have informed us straight away of the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos