Menu
Habanero
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No broadband or Tivo on demand in area 24

I'm in Stevenage and have had no broadband or Tivo "on demand" service since 17/3/2017. I called support via 150 and after some diagnostics was told there was an area fault expected to be fixed by 16:00 that day. It still wasn't working around that time the next day, so I called again. After more diagnostics an engineer visit was booked, but not until 27/3/2017 ! I also mentioned the Tivo problem which was giving an on screen error code of C130, and a flashing green light on the front of the box.

The next day I went to the shop in the town in the hope they might be able to help. They confirmed that several other people had been into the shop over the weekend complaining about lack of service, but couldn't do much more.

Yesterday morning around 5am, I noticed that the green light on the Tivo had stopped flashing. I checked, and On Demand was back to normal. I checked broadband, and that too was working again. Relieved I logged in to My Virgin Media and cancelled the engineer.

About 2 hours later, it all went off again. No broadband and no Tivo On Demand. The Service Status page for my postcode shows broadband only having some Webmail issue, and the TV service acknowledges the On Demand issue. It had a fix date of yesterday at 16:00, but this has now been revised to 27/3/2017. Around 18:45 both services returned, but around 08.30 this morning both services went off again.

I clearly don't need an engineer to visit as the service works occasionally.  Can any other customer in the Stevenage area confirm if they are having similar problems, and can anyone from Virgin Media indicate what is happening and why this is going to take 10 days to fix from the first failure?

0 Kudos
Habanero
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband or Tivo on demand in area 24

Both services returned yesterday evening around 19:30, and are still on at the moment. I noticed that the Tivo has some system info screens, which when the service was down was suggesting that the network cable was unplugged. My conclusion is that VM are therefore responsible for this.
0 Kudos
Habanero
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Predictably, both services went off again sometime shortly after 09:00 again and have been off since. I work from home and rely on broadband being available. This service is a total farce.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Habanero,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing problems with your broadband and On Demand service.

I'd like arrange for a technician to take a look at both services for you to ensure this doesn't keep happening so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Habanero
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Both services returned last night around 6pm, and I know this is tempting fate, but they are both still working at the moment. However, now the phone service is down.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me,

I have tested your line and I'm not finding any faults in the area so can I just confirm whether you have no dial tone and if you've tried replacing the handset?

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Habanero
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes there is no dial tone, and I've tried two alternative handsets. I've replied to your PM about a technician visit.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have replied to your message Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ReneS
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 24, and although my services work (kind off) there is something wrong. My internetspeed is not exceeding 10 - 15 mbps for weeks. When I call things are done, it works as it should for a while and then it drops back again.

0 Kudos
Habanero
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So yesterday (Friday) the Broadband and Tivo On Demand worked all day. However as of 9am this morning, they are both off again, and so is the phone. So I'm now paying way over £100 per month for just cable tv.
0 Kudos