Menu
DowninDulwich
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No broadband in se22

There has been no broadband coverage in se22 since yesterday. Was told yesterday afternoon it would be fixed by 6pm, told this morning it would be fixed by 11am. My neighbours have been told different problems are responsible. According to east dulwich forum different explanations and timescales again. What's happening and when will it be fixed?
0 Kudos
DowninDulwich
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband in se22

Now saying tomorrow 11am online!! That will be 48 hours without internet without explanation. What is happening?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DowninDulwich,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing loss of broadband service.

As I was unable to locate your account for me to check this further for you, I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details. 

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ribrob
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I signed a new contract with VM thinking these problems were over once and for all after a steady period of consistent service.

So i'm not at all impressed to find that only a few months later we're back to this again.

My service too was down during this outage and again several times since, including today.

What's going on - is there or isn't there an over-subscription in the area, or is it some other problem?

Either way, when will it be fixed once and for all?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ribrob, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband going down, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are too high. In order to resolve this for you an engineer will need to attend. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ribrob
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Posting this here as well as privately as i'm not sure if that discussion is being currently monitored.

I appreciate i was a day late in replying to the PM sent to me, but i had anticipated someone would have covered the support service over the Christmas fortnight and handled any ongoing matters.

We've continued to have a poor connection over the Christmas period making streaming services unreliable at best, often unusable.

This (and / or other related VM issues for the area) have now been going on since November.

Whilst i appreciate other customers have had to put up with a poor service for longer, it's hugely frustrating for us as we only signed back up for VM instead of going to another supplier as we was assured these issues had been resolved once and for in our area number during the Summer of 2016.

Can we please have an engineer round to remedy the situation that has been acknowledged by VM please.

Thank you in advance.

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

Really very sorry for the delay with getting things sorted for you.

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Adam as he is currently away from the office at the moment.

I've double checked your equipment levels and I can see that the downstream power level is still showing as out of spec.

I will make sure to respond to your private mail addressed to him in order for us to get this issue resolved for you.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos