Menu
duncan387
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

No attached devices shown on Hub 3.0

Hi, I am trying to restrict my kids access to the internet via my Hub 3.0, but have failed at the very start because once I connect to my Hub 3.0 via a cable from my laptop and go to the Connected Devices section, I am told that there are "No attached devices". Even though my TV is connected, my PC upstairs is connected, my phone as well as all my family's phones are connected, this laptop and my Virgin Tivo box are all connected plus a number of other devices????? So how come the hub does not recognise that these devices are connected?

Can anybody advise please.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: No attached devices shown on Hub 3.0

Hey duncan387,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear that your Hub 3.0 isn't reporting any connected devices, that's certainly an odd one! I'll do what I can to help.

I've checked the hub here and it is reporting the devices being connected, so it seems to be functioning correctly on that level. Does the Refresh button in the Connected Devices screen yield any results? If not I'd recommend performing a factory reset on the hub and checking again.

Let me know whether or not that helps.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
duncan387
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev, thank you for coming back to me. No, the refresh button doesn't make any difference. I'll try reseting to factory settings and let you know.

Duncan
0 Kudos
duncan387
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hello again, have just tried again and it is now showing devices connected. Hadn't done a factory reset yet. Just one of those things I guess. That is IT for you.

Regards

Duncan
0 Kudos
wayne_carlisle
Joining in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have this same problem and if I give the router a hard reboot it initially shows some connected devices but when I then make any attempt to reserve IP addresses in the DHCP option they all vanish?

0 Kudos
welshgreek
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM TOO. NOT IMPRESSED

0 Kudos
Thicksoup
Just joined
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I also have the same issue - no connected devices.

Also has to have the slowest web interface and wifi signal strength is a joke.

Then if you make the mistake of calling the tech support in the hope of some divine intervention you get the pleasure of listening to a soulless person reading a script and the immortal words 'can you switch it off and on'.....

0 Kudos
Forthview
Tuning in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue, seeing no devices connected.

Please advise when this will be resolved.

0 Kudos
nubee
Just joined
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have just upgraded from a 2ac to a 3 and I am having the same issue.

Nothing appears to fix this, soft/hard resets/refresh ...

I reserved a specific IP for a device and it appears in the reserved list until I go to another page and come back (I applied everything before leaving the page). It then does not appear anymore, although the device has been allocated the IP I set.

This hub software does not appear to be anywhere near as stable as the 2ac software. 

0 Kudos
savage1
Joining in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem, hub 3 was installed this morning. When i initially logged in to set up my reserved i.ps etc I saw the list of devices but now nothing. Even though the computer I type this on is connected!

I've not heard good things about the hub 3 software unfortunately. 

0 Kudos