Menu
Dronuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Virgin Service because of engineer!

Hello,

In very short terms.

1.30pm yesterday I had Broadband/TV, I left the house.

2.30pm I returned home to have 0 Broadband/TV

3.00pm I was informed by the gas company outside that Virgin Media had been outside my home and the engineer had the wires up.

3.15pm I call Virgin media to be told that they don't know who the engineer was or what he did, they can't get him to return? Tell me it'll work again in 24 hours.

6.30pm I was out and checked the Virgin media status for my postcode. It states that there is an issue with Broadband and TV, but it is close to being resolved.

9.00pm I return home, it is still broken.

06:00am This morning it is still broken.

12:00pm I call Virgin to enquire to when an engineer is coming out. I am told Tuesday at 4pm.

5 days later? 5 days without Broadband or TV when one of your engineers broke my Virgin services? And this is acceptable to you?...."There are no technicians in the area" What in the whole of Bristol there is not one technician who could pop to my street to fix what one of your engineers broke?

I don't really care if a technician has to cancel an install today...your paying customer is more important than getting new ones on the books I'm afraid. I have a lodger who pays me for these services and a little girl who watches cartoons and you're telling me we are without any Virgin service over the weekend?

So I'm sorry to say Virgin that as of right now you are being bad mouthed in the appropriate media channels to a larger audience. I'm a long time Virgin subscriber who doesn't just pay the basic, when I pointed this out and asked how I would be compensated I was told I wouldn't pay for the 5 days....well that's the least I would accept! What else you got? I'd be more happy if someone would just pop to my house and fix my connection........

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Virgin Service because of engineer!

without any comment to the above all i can add is the tech will have been and gone before VM get to this thread -they are currently taking about a week - if you want to try and improve things then you have chat or the phones

Tony
0 Kudos
Dronuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tony,

Being from that area of work once before I understand that the engineer would have left. However I also know they have a dispatch team and engineer planners who could have told me what they were doing, why they were there and in some circumstances, told them to return considering they had broken a working service.

It is about a week for another engineer you're right, and that's kind of what I am disgusted about considering it was them who caused the issue...if I had poured water over my VM box, fair point I'd have to wait for a replacement or an engineer, but I didn't...one of their engineers caused my home to be without Broadband or TV for 5 days now, and that's a little unacceptable.

If it was my business (like ones I've worked previous) I would have got a tech guy out the next day at the latest to fix my companies mistake.

It's already been a day, only 4 more to go.....

Appreciate the reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dronuk,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent loss of service, I understand why this is so frustrating. As it's taken me a few days to get to your post, I just wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on now?

Please do drop me a PM if there's anything you need to me look into urgently, if not just update us when you get a chance.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos