Menu
andfisher
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Internet or TV

Was working this morning but stopped around 8AM.

Partner spoke to call centre who organised an engineer for the 18th. I am not convinced. Can anyone help? Also 18th is a long wait with no connectivity.

Have tried unplugging router and rebooting (several) devices.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet or TV

Would be worth checking the service status via the link above (under your username), this will tell you if an area fault has been reported.

The other possibility is a public electricity fault in the area where your local fibre node is located. If this is the case, when power is restored your services should return to normal.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
andfisher
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Apparently there are no reported issues with broadband in my area. But I'm still not convinced. I think the snow effects the service as I've noticed that in the past.

0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don't suppose you have a 2ac do you....? What software version does it report? Also where are you based, I'm Sutton and having problems today.
0 Kudos
andfisher
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had my service visit cancelled because they found an issue in my area, which is now reported as "fixed".
However the broadband is still not fixed.
After a half hour on hold, I am told that they will need to send an engineer out (the second time today!). The next available slot is on the 19th. When quizzed as to why I have to rebook a (later) slot the answer was "I have no record on a service visit being booked for you." Even though I still have the text messages confirming it had been cancelled.
What a joke. I hope we don't have a repeat of what happened in September when service was out for nearly two weeks.
I am STILL not convinced its even a problem with the router. If the second service business gets auto-cancelled before they "find and fix" the issue I will NOT be a happy snowflake.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi andfisher,

Welcome to the Community.

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with this!

I've located your account and I can see your appointment is still booked and ready to go. Let me know how it goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos