Menu
RJJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Internet Connection Since Upgrading to Hub 3.0

Greetings Everyone,

I've received my QuickStart kit a few days ago and decided to finally install it before the deadline of 30th of April.

I've hooked everything up, called the phone number to activate the new hub, it worked - for 20 minutes, whilst it was updating its firmware. It has been several hours since then and I've restarted it once or twice - there just isn't any internet connectivity. 

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and help and would like to avoid making phone calls if possible. Please, could someone competent kindly look into this and assist me? I will provide any necessary details.

Thank you

Gotta love free WiFi in those difficult times we're having...
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
RJJ
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Internet Connection Since Upgrading to Hub 3.0

Thanks again for your suggestion. I solved the problem differently, however.

I checked the power levels for upstream and downstream vs the DOCSIS3.0 specification, they were way too low. I figured the cable extension was faulty. I plugged the Hub 3.0 directly into the cable coming from the wall, in another room - boom - works flawlessly and power levels are within spec.

Thanks very much for your help, still.

0 Kudos

All Replies
KeithW
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mine did the same

I rang the activation line again and spoke to someone who said the activation hadn't gone through correctly, they re-did the activation process and everything is now working as it should do.

I know you said you would rather avoid making phone calls but it might be worth giving them another call.

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

0 Kudos
RJJ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble as well, but glad to hear you got yours working.

I just tried calling the activation line again, choosing various options each time. Every time, just before allowing me to speak to someone, it asked me for "the third character of your Virgin Media password" which I do not know. I don't remember setting it up. Hence why I've been unable to speak to a real person.

Is there any way this password can be reset? Is there anything I can check or do myself?

0 Kudos
KeithW
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Again I had exactly the same issue.

If you persevere with the phone call you will eventually get put through to a human, just explain to then that you do not have those details as of yet as it is a new set up.

Hopefully they will be able to see what the issue is and fix it for you.

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

0 Kudos
RJJ
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks again for your suggestion. I solved the problem differently, however.

I checked the power levels for upstream and downstream vs the DOCSIS3.0 specification, they were way too low. I figured the cable extension was faulty. I plugged the Hub 3.0 directly into the cable coming from the wall, in another room - boom - works flawlessly and power levels are within spec.

Thanks very much for your help, still.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello RJJ,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Good to hear you're resolved your fault!

I've marked your answer as helpful as it's flagged as resolved.

Thanks again for posting, please feel free to stick around and get involved in other conversations.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos