Menu
fleadavid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No Engineer turned up for installation

Hi I had an engineer booked for between 1-6pm yesterday the 28th October, received the text this morning, replied yes it is still ok to come and then no one showed up.

No one knocked on the door, phoned me, posted something, emailed or changed my order status details online.

My account now says I have no order to track anymore and to wait 24 hours.

I needed internet in when I booked it, I can't wait 24 hours to most likely be told to wait days for another engineer who might not show up again.

What can I do to get an engineer out tomorrow or asap?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Engineer turned up for installation

as it takes VM staff up to a week to reply here you need to ring or use chat on the website

Tony
0 Kudos
harpss1ngh
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I (almost) had the same thing! Engineer booked on 26th, between 1pm and 6pm so I took the day off....5.50PM hits and by then I've called up several times since 4PM and tweeted to Virgin Media after I got through to someone in Customer Service (British, not their call center) giving me attitude. I called again and asked if the guy is even turning up, told he'll be there any minute (yeah right). 1 hour later, the team leader of the guy that was supposed to come turns up with a SuperHub 2AC instead of the Superhub3 I ordered and says sorry we are out of stock...promised to drop one off with the extra cable that needed installing that I was waiting for the installer to come around to do as they didn't have any in the van.

Not sure why they don't just post them! The installation is just plug and play. If you can plug a bluray player into your TV you can plug these into your cable...

0 Kudos
fleadavid
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Guys turned up the next day and were nice and helpful however when they attempted to run a line to my house they had to dig up a garden a few houses down and the woman wasn't having it. The engineers told her Virgin need to access it and own it however she was being very stubborn.

So now I've been waiting, called up and was told a manager will come down and call me when he is close. No one called or turned up. I've called again and been told the other company which digs up the street will do it in a month, I booked Virgin a month ago to give plenty of time so this sort of thing was done!

I'm not waiting 2 months all together for virgin when the woman next door got it no problem.

0 Kudos
harpss1ngh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When Virgin Media have to dig anything up to lay new cable, it takes about a month as they have to get council permission, at least that's what they told me. Took me a month when I last had a cable fault to get broadband again!

0 Kudos
fleadavid
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Surly when I booked the install 1 month ago, they check if anything needs dug up so they can get it done for the install time. Or do they just wait till the last minute and pass the blame onto someone else as soon as they can.

harpss1ngh
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah! You would think that. Unfortunately they're not BT, they're just Virgin Media trying to act like BT, not in the same league.

As soon as Hyperoptic move to my area I'm jumping ship!
0 Kudos
fleadavid
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Manager came to my house and left a voicemail for me. Said the construction has been done however there is an access pit they need to use in a neighbours garden who won't let them access it. He has posted a letter to her asking for access and said if she still says no he will look into legal action.

Happened to anyone else and any idea how long this is going to take now?

0 Kudos